    got trapped between the layers.
    Should I cough up the airmail and pop the disc back immediately to
    Amazon for replacement, or is it unlikely to deteriorate?

    anthony, Sep 23, 2003

  2. "anthony" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My Region One Warner copy of Where Eagles Dare just arrived here in
    > Australia today from the States.
    > I took a quick look at it and it plays ok so far.
    > But I noticed that on the blank inner circle of the disc, there's a
    > very prominent water-mark of the sort which looks as if moisture has
    > got trapped between the layers.
    > Should I cough up the airmail and pop the disc back immediately to
    > Amazon for replacement, or is it unlikely to deteriorate?

    Best thing to do is email Amazon - they will determine whether or not to
    send you a new one - in most cases they seem to send out a new one.

    Trev.

    Trevor Gensch, Sep 23, 2003

  3. anthony

    anthony Guest

    Thanks Trev
    I'll do that.....
    Cover says it's part of 'the Clint Eastwood Collection' !
    Shouldn't that be 'the Richard Burton Collection' ? I'd forgotten
    Clint was even in it -- only remembered Burton and Patrick Wymark.

    anthony, Sep 23, 2003
  4. anthony

    Syxx Guest

    On 22 Sep 2003 19:49:56 -0700, (anthony)
    wrote:

    >My Region One Warner copy of Where Eagles Dare just arrived here in
    >Australia today from the States.
    >I took a quick look at it and it plays ok so far.
    >But I noticed that on the blank inner circle of the disc, there's a
    >very prominent water-mark of the sort which looks as if moisture has
    >got trapped between the layers.
    >Should I cough up the airmail and pop the disc back immediately to
    >Amazon for replacement, or is it unlikely to deteriorate?

    very strange . i got a copy as well on monday of this movie with no
    problems at all and no lines or marks in shrink wrap . but i got mine
    through a store in melbourne that bringing in region 1 dvd's etc etc

    just out of curiosity how much did u pay for it.?

    syxx

    Syxx, Sep 23, 2003
  5. anthony

    Rob Coppock Guest

    It is probably just the glue between the layers, I have heaps of DVDs that
    look as you described, they all work fine.

    Rob Coppock, Sep 23, 2003
  6. anthony

    Wade365 Guest

    << It is probably just the glue between the layers, I have heaps of DVDs that
    look as you described, they all work fine. >>

    I've also seen this on some of my DVDs... I don't think it's anything to worry
    about, mine all play fine.

    Wade365, Sep 23, 2003
  7. anthony

    jayembee Guest

    (anthony) wrote:

    >Cover says it's part of 'the Clint Eastwood Collection' !
    >Shouldn't that be 'the Richard Burton Collection' ? I'd forgotten
    >Clint was even in it -- only remembered Burton and Patrick Wymark.

    Well, given that Warner Bros. has a whole series of titles that are
    part of a "Clint Eastwood Collection", and none that are part of a
    "Richard Burton Collection" (off-hand, the only other title of theirs
    that I can think of starring Burton is WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA
    WOOLF?), it makes more sense to do what they did, doesn't it?

    Plus, this was released for an American market, which is going to be
    more familiar with Eastwood than Burton.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Sep 23, 2003
  8. anthony

    anthony Guest

    Thanks
    I'll live with it then....

    anthony, Sep 24, 2003
  9. jayembee <> wrote:
    > (anthony) wrote:
    > > Cover says it's part of 'the Clint Eastwood Collection' !
    > > Shouldn't that be 'the Richard Burton Collection' ?

    > ...Warner Bros. has...[no discs] that are part of a "Richard Burton
    > Collection" (off-hand, the only other title of theirs that I can think
    > of starring Burton is WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF?)

    Let's not forget _Exorcist II: The Heretic_, a Warner release starring
    Burton.

    Then again, on second thought, *let's*. :)

    doug

    --

    I can't see the lines I used to think I could read between...

    Douglas Bailey, Sep 24, 2003