    Andrea Guest

    Thanks for the link.

    Andrea

    Andrea, Dec 10, 2004

  2. In article <cpd8fm$7f2$>,
    Andrea <> wrote:
    :Thanks for the link.

    Checking briefly, it appears to me that the NETSYS emulator used
    to be licensed software, and that it is now EOL (End of Life)
    as of November 17, 2000; that implies that it is not going to be
    particularily current.

    Replacement products are outlined in

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps1969/prod_bulletin09186a00800a18b8.html
    --
    Most Windows users will run any old attachment you send them, so if
    you want to implicate someone you can just send them a Trojan

    Walter Roberson, Dec 10, 2004

  3. Andrea

    Andrea Guest

    Which is a good Cisco Simulator?
    I need to make a VPN between 2 office and I like to simulate it before
    configure it.
    I think that the rigth routers for me is the Cisco 806.
    Is it the right choose?

    Thanks for your help.

    Andrea

    Andrea, Dec 10, 2004
  4. In article <cpdaq3$89a$>,
    Andrea <> wrote:
    :Which is a good Cisco Simulator?

    Sorry, I don't know that.

    :I need to make a VPN between 2 office and I like to simulate it before
    :configure it.
    :I think that the rigth routers for me is the Cisco 806.
    :Is it the right choose?

    What are your performance requirements? What kind of link do you
    need to attach them to? Is the device only going to be for VPN, or
    is it also going to need to NAT for public connections? Do you need
    firewall features? DES, 3DES, AES ?

    The 806 is no longer actively sold; it has been replaced by the 831.
    You can get 806's used and off of eBay and so on, but the software
    license is not transferable; in order to use the device legally, you
    would have to "relicense" it.

    The 806 is not going to have any more software enhancements to it.

    If you were thinking that an 806 might be fast enough to handle
    the traffic between the two offices, then you should consider the 831,
    but you should also consider the SOHO series. Be a bit careful with
    the SOHO series: the bottom end of the SOHO line only supports 4 users
    if I recall correctly.

    If you do not need any fancy routing features, then considering the
    801 is a broadband router designed to go ethernet to ethernet, then
    if you have no more than 10 hosts at each end, you should consider
    getting a Cisco PIX 501 instead; the 501 is rated to 3 megabits/s
    3DES, 4.5 megabits per second AES-128.

    The 806 you had your eye on is 0.9 megabits per second DES, 0.35
    megabits per second 3DES, no AES support.
    -- Rich Kulawiec

    Walter Roberson, Dec 10, 2004
  5. Andrea

    Hansang Bae Guest

    On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 00:17:22 +0100, "Andrea"
    <> wrote:

    >Which is a good Cisco Simulator?
    >I need to make a VPN between 2 office and I like to simulate it before
    >configure it.
    >I think that the rigth routers for me is the Cisco 806.
    >Is it the right choose?
    >
    >Thanks for your help.

    The one we use is Opnet but I'm POSTIVE that's out of your range.
    Unfortunately, I don't know if a simulator exists anywhere.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Dec 11, 2004