    --
    Best Regards, Keith
    http://kilowatt-radio.org/ NW Oregon Radio Page

    Keith, Dec 19, 2004

  2. Keith

    :: BRIAN :: Guest

    On 12/18/2004 8:04 PM Keith wrote:
    > Where does it store the email you receive using Windows XP? Anyone
    > know of any tools to convert TB mail into Unix mailbox format?

    Mail is stored in your profile.

    Using "Default" profile as an example:
    %appdata%\Thunderbird\Profiles\default\xxxxxxxx.slt\Mail\_SERVERNAME_\Inbox

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

    :: BRIAN ::, Dec 19, 2004

  3. Keith

    Big Craigie Guest

    ":: BRIAN ::" <user@127.0.1.1> wrote in message
    > On 12/18/2004 8:04 PM Keith wrote:
    > > Where does it store the email you receive using Windows XP? Anyone
    > > know of any tools to convert TB mail into Unix mailbox format?

    > Mail is stored in your profile.
    >
    > Using "Default" profile as an example:

    %appdata%\Thunderbird\Profiles\default\xxxxxxxx.slt\Mail\_SERVERNAME_\Inbox

    Can these profiles be changed to point to a different drive (partition) e.g
    the D drive. This is how I have my Outlook Express mail kept so that in the
    event of having to "rebuild" the C drive and teh applications I still have
    the e-mails.
    As a very happy Firefox user I would love to change to Thunderbird but I am
    still undecided especially since the spam rules I have in place has
    virtually eradicated soam from my inbox,
    BC

    Big Craigie, Dec 19, 2004
  4. Keith

    2.dhs.org Guest

    On 2004-12-19, Keith <> wrote:

    > Where does it store the email you receive using Windows XP? Anyone
    > know of any tools to convert TB mail into Unix mailbox format?

    I use IMAP with Thunderbird, so my mail is stored on the IMAP server. :)
    I suspect with POP3 they're probably in your profile directory.

    Thunderbird mailboxes are already in Unix mbox format, so there's no need
    to convert anything.

    --

    John ()

    2.dhs.org, Dec 20, 2004
  5. Keith

    Reg Mouatt Guest

    On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:04:37 -0800, Keith <>
    wrote:

    >Where does it store the email you receive using Windows XP? Anyone
    >know of any tools to convert TB mail into Unix mailbox format?
    >
    >TNX

    Hi Keith,
    I use Windows 98 - so if you are able to find the equivalent of
    this pathway in XP - there you will find your pot of gold :)

    C:\WINDOWS\Application
    Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\scg5krc0.default\Mail\Local Folders

    You can also try searching for any *.sbd or *.msf files which will
    give away their location. I very recently had the task of restoring
    into a new setup of TB, messages and address book copied onto a CD
    from another PC and found, should it be of interest to you, that for
    each *,msf file there is also a corresponding one without an extension
    shown and all of them had become 'Read' only and I am sure there is a
    simpler way but I went through each of them removing the tick before
    TB would treat them as normal.

    Reg

    Reg Mouatt, Dec 21, 2004
  6. Keith

    Z Guest

    Keith wrote:
    > Where does it store the email you receive using Windows XP? Anyone
    > know of any tools to convert TB mail into Unix mailbox format?

    Wherever you tell it to.

    Tools > Account Settings > Server Settings (under the Mail account)

    See Local Directory (lower right hand side)

    By default, it's under C:\Windows\Application Data\...

    If you're smart, and you have multiple partitions or drives, you'll move
    that off C: so that the next time Windows crashes or you get a nasty
    virus or worm or fall victim to yet another gaping Windows security hole
    that leaves you with a hosed system disk and you have to rebuild the OS
    from scratch, you won't lose your e-mail when you reformat.

    Z, Dec 22, 2004
  7. Keith

    Jim Guest

    Reg Mouatt <> wrote in

    > ...messages and address book copied onto a CD
    > from another PC ... and all of them had become 'Read' only

    With Windows, when you copy a file off a CD (which is "read-only"),
    the "read-only" attribute remains with the file even though the file
    is now on your "read-write" hard drive.

    Jim

    Jim, Dec 31, 2004
  8. Keith

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Jim wrote:

    > Reg Mouatt <> wrote in
    >

    >>...messages and address book copied onto a CD
    >>from another PC ... and all of them had become 'Read' only

    > With Windows, when you copy a file off a CD (which is "read-only"),
    > the "read-only" attribute remains with the file even though the file
    > is now on your "read-write" hard drive.
    >
    > Jim

    I believe that Windows XP does not carry over the r/o bit when copying
    from a CD.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net