    I've tried searching various ways - by size, date, also not finding
    them searching for mp3. Are they another file type?

    Any assistance will be appreciated.

    James, Oct 2, 2008

  2. James

    James Guest

    Re: Where does MySpace save audio files on your computer and whattype are they?

    On Oct 2, 2:23 pm, Chris Whealy <> wrote:
    > James wrote:
    > > They must be stored somewhere since they're clearly downloaded given
    > > the data transfer activitythat stops at a certain point.

    > > I've tried searching various ways - by size, date, also not finding
    > > them searching for mp3. Are they another file type?

    > They'll be in your browser's cache, and if that's Internet Explorer,
    > then the directory will typically be something C:\Documents and
    > Settings\<Your User Name>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files.
    > Don't count on the files being easily identifiable though.
    >
    > If the web page uses a plug-in such as Media Player to play the sound
    > file, then the cached files will probably be in a directory named
    > something like this C:\Documents and Settings\<Your User Name>\Local
    > Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player

    That was the the first place I looked in addition to using the search
    function. Nowhere to be found. Looked in each place by details/file
    size. Nothing.

    James, Oct 2, 2008

  3. Re: Where does MySpace save audio files on your computer and what type are they?

    "James" <> wrote in message
    > They must be stored somewhere since they're clearly downloaded given
    > the data transfer activitythat stops at a certain point.

    Since Myspace is accessed with a web browser I would assume it would be in
    the browser's cache usually called "Temporary Internet files."

    > I've tried searching various ways - by size, date, also not finding
    > them searching for mp3. Are they another file type?

    They are .swf files which are Flash files and the audio is based on MP3. I
    once dragged a SWF file into Winamp many years ago and listened to the
    audio.

    > Any assistance will be appreciated.

    If you want to steal music it would be easier to walk into a store, put the
    CD in your jacket and run out.

    Stacey Chuffo, Oct 2, 2008
  4. James

    James Guest

    Re: Where does MySpace save audio files on your computer and whattype are they?

    On Oct 2, 4:46 pm, "Stacey Chuffo" <>
    wrote:

    > Since Myspace is accessed with a web browser I would assume it would be in
    > the browser's cache usually called "Temporary Internet files."
    >
    > > I've tried searching various ways - by size, date, also not finding
    > > them searching for mp3. Are they another file type?

    > They are .swf files which are Flash files and the audio is based on MP3. I
    > once dragged a SWF file into Winamp many years ago and listened to the
    > audio.
    >
    > > Any assistance will be appreciated.

    > If you want to steal music it would be easier to walk into a store, put the
    > CD in your jacket and run out.

    Thanks for the info and the assumption that you know what my
    motivation is.

    James, Oct 2, 2008
  5. James

    wrote:

    > They are .swf files which are Flash files and the audio is based on MP3. I
    > once dragged a SWF file into Winamp many years ago and listened to the
    > audio.

    Not finding it as a .swf flash file either. Is there such a thing as
    an audio only .swf file?

    If it wasn't clear, I'm talking about audio only.

    James, Oct 3, 2008
  6. James

    chuckcar Guest

    Re: Where does MySpace save audio files on your computer and what type are they?

    "Stacey Chuffo" <> wrote in

    > "James" <> wrote in message
    >> They must be stored somewhere since they're clearly downloaded given
    >> the data transfer activitythat stops at a certain point.
    >>

    > Since Myspace is accessed with a web browser I would assume it would be
    > in the browser's cache usually called "Temporary Internet files."
    >
    >> I've tried searching various ways - by size, date, also not finding
    >> them searching for mp3. Are they another file type?
    >>

    > They are .swf files which are Flash files and the audio is based on MP3.
    > I once dragged a SWF file into Winamp many years ago and listened to the
    > audio.
    >
    >> Any assistance will be appreciated.

    > If you want to steal music it would be easier to walk into a store, put
    > the CD in your jacket and run out.

    How exactly is it stealing if the files are *already* on his computer?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 3, 2008
  7. James

    Wog George Guest

    "Scott Freeman" <x@Y,z> wrote in message
    > "James" <> wrote in message
    >> On Oct 2, 4:46 pm, "Stacey Chuffo" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> They are .swf files which are Flash files and the audio is based on MP3.
    >>> once dragged a SWF file into Winamp many years ago and listened to the
    >>> audio.

    >> Not finding it as a .swf flash file either. Is there such a thing as
    >> an audio only .swf file?
    >>
    >> If it wasn't clear, I'm talking about audio only.

    > <guilty of illegal cross-posting>

    Which law has been violated?

    --
    George
    "I got such a raging clue that I almost shot clue goo all over Joe." - Frank

    Wog George, Oct 3, 2008
  8. James

    Plato Guest

    James wrote:

    Try clearing your internet cache, and see what files are saved, most
    likely, it wont be a standard file type.

    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Oct 3, 2008
  9. James

    Wog George Guest

    Re: Where does MySpace save audio files on your computer and what type are they?

    "rickymix" <> wrote in message

    [Snipped context restored]

    >>><guilty of illegal cross-posting>
    >>>

    >> Which law has been violated?

    > Copyright Infringement.

    As we're talking about "illegal cross-posting", which of the groups on the
    subject line have had their copyright infringed due to the cross-post?

    --
    George
    "We don't want to jump to conclusions but we're worried that maybe someone

    Wog George, Oct 3, 2008
  10. James

    RD Jones Guest

    On Oct 2, 8:51 pm, James <> wrote:
    > On Oct 2, 4:46 pm, "Stacey Chuffo" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > They are .swf files which are Flash files and the audio is based on MP3. I
    > > once dragged a SWF file into Winamp many years ago and listened to the
    > > audio.

    > Not finding it as a .swf flash file either. Is there such a thing as
    > an audio only .swf file?
    >
    > If it wasn't clear, I'm talking about audio only.

    Yes, and if you do find it as an swf file it can be extracted
    and converted to mp3 with a simple utility such as swf2mp3.

    rd

    <cross-posting removed>

    RD Jones, Oct 3, 2008
  11. James

    Danny T Guest

    On Oct 3, 3:22 am, rickymix <> wrote:
    > > Which law has been violated?

    > Copyright Infringement.
    > As a parallel example, even if you own a CD, you can't broadcast the
    > music on commercial radio without paying the fee.
    > It really amazes me that an entire generation has now grown up
    > thinking it's OK to steal intellectual property simply because
    > everybody else has been doing it their entire lives.  Wow!  And these
    > are probably otherwise mostly very ethical individuals who wouldn't
    > think of snatching an old lady's purse.  Stealing is stealing, kids.
    > How would you like someone to steal from you?
    > Rick Novak.  (AKA: Ye Olde Farte.)

    Clarify "OWN A CD". I read it first to mean it was my CD with my
    material - and I WOULD own it. I think you meant a store bought CD
    where you own the CD but not the embedded recordings.

    Yes kids have no idea about intellectual property rights but then
    neither do libraries. No one will care either until they realize just
    how little an artist actually makes. I really think that education is
    a 2 part plan. People need to know the way the law reads AND the
    damage they do to the artist by stealing!

    Danny T, Oct 3, 2008
  12. James

    Trevor9 Guest

    wrote:
    > "James" <> wrote in message

    > > They must be stored somewhere since they're clearly downloaded given
    > > the data transfer activitythat stops at a certain point.

    > Since Myspace is accessed with a web browser I would assume it would be in
    > the browser's cache usually called "Temporary Internet files."
    >
    > > I've tried searching various ways - by size, date, also not finding
    > > them searching for mp3. Are they another file type?

    > They are .swf files which are Flash files and the audio is based on MP3. I
    > once dragged a SWF file into Winamp many years ago and listened to the
    > audio.
    >
    > > Any assistance will be appreciated.

    > If you want to steal music it would be easier to walk into a store, put the
    > CD in your jacket and run out.

    Why don't you ask Harvey Daye Jr., Scott Freeman, Ashleigh Cope, or
    the beagle you set on fire? do you really think anybody can read you
    after all the spamming you've done? Bitch.

    Trevor9, Oct 5, 2008
  13. James

    Trevor9 Guest

    On Oct 5, 3:02 pm, Trevor9 <> wrote:
    > On Oct 2, 4:46 pm, "Stacey Chuffo" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > > "James" <> wrote in message

    > > > They must be stored somewhere since they're clearly downloaded given
    > > > the data transfer activitythat stops at a certain point.

    > > Since Myspace is accessed with a web browser I would assume it would be in
    > > the browser's cache usually called "Temporary Internet files."

    > > > I've tried searching various ways - by size, date, also not finding
    > > > them searching for mp3. Are they another file type?

    > > They are .swf files which are Flash files and the audio is based on MP3. I
    > > once dragged a SWF file into Winamp many years ago and listened to the
    > > audio.

    > > > Any assistance will be appreciated.

    > > If you want to steal music it would be easier to walk into a store, put the
    > > CD in your jacket and run out.

    > Why don't you ask Harvey Daye Jr., Scott Freeman, Ashleigh Cope, or
    > the beagle you set on fire? do you really think anybody can read you
    > after all the spamming you've done? Bitch.

    For those that don't have the luxury of having a killfile(why in the
    hell would anybody dump this garbage to outlook is another story in
    itself), make sure to report EVERY SINGLE TROLL POST belonging to
    STACEY CHUFFO to GOOGLE ABUSE. Just hit more options and report the
    message.

    This is the advice given over in the help forums. But we all know how
    effective that is, now don't we?

    LOL

    Trevor9, Oct 6, 2008
  14. Re: Where does MySpace save audio files on your computer and what type are they?

    "Trevor9" <> wrote in message
    > On Oct 5, 3:02 pm, Trevor9 <> wrote:
    >> On Oct 2, 4:46 pm, "Stacey Chuffo" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >> > "James" <> wrote in message

    >> > Since Myspace is accessed with a web browser I would assume it would be
    >> > in
    >> > the browser's cache usually called "Temporary Internet files."

    >> > They are .swf files which are Flash files and the audio is based on
    >> > MP3. I
    >> > once dragged a SWF file into Winamp many years ago and listened to the
    >> > audio.

    >> > If you want to steal music it would be easier to walk into a store, put
    >> > the
    >> > CD in your jacket and run out.

    >> Why don't you ask Harvey Daye Jr., Scott Freeman, Ashleigh Cope, or
    >> the beagle you set on fire? do you really think anybody can read you
    >> after all the spamming you've done? Bitch.

    > For those that don't have the luxury of having a killfile(why in the
    > hell would anybody dump this garbage to outlook is another story in
    > itself), make sure to report EVERY SINGLE TROLL POST belonging to
    > STACEY CHUFFO to GOOGLE ABUSE. Just hit more options and report the
    > message.
    >
    > This is the advice given over in the help forums. But we all know how
    > effective that is, now don't we?
    >
    > LOL

    BAHAHAHAHAH I'm using AIOE not Google you stupid bastard.

    Stacey Chuffo, Oct 6, 2008
  15. James

    Plato Guest

    rickymix wrote:

    > It really amazes me that an entire generation has now grown up
    > thinking it's OK to steal intellectual property simply because
    > everybody else has been doing it their entire lives. Wow! And these
    > are probably otherwise mostly very ethical individuals who wouldn't
    > think of snatching an old lady's purse. Stealing is stealing, kids.
    > How would you like someone to steal from you?

    'tiss the reason all these "enforcement" mechanisms are in place...

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Oct 8, 2008
  16. James

    Plato Guest

    rickymix wrote:

    > It really amazes me that an entire generation has now grown up
    > thinking it's OK to steal intellectual property simply because
    > everybody else has been doing it their entire lives. Wow! And these

    Perhaps since MS only sold a single copy of Win95 to the Country of
    :)

    Plato, Oct 8, 2008