    Could you please tell me where IE stores the files during download? I
    searched the whole C: drive but could not find a solution.

    Regards.

    ya-ka, Aug 11, 2006

  2. "ya-ka" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all;
    >
    > When I download a file, Internet Explorer stores the file at a temp
    > directory during download and then moves it to the real download
    > directory. But when the download times out, I loose the wholefile.
    >
    > I would like to reach the incomplete file during download so that I may
    > recover the downloaded part (in case it is a rar or zip file containing
    > many files inside, the downloaded part can be saved.)
    >
    > Could you please tell me where IE stores the files during download? I
    > searched the whole C: drive but could not find a solution.

    Try using Getright or another download manager next time you need to
    download a large file.

    www.getright.com

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Aug 11, 2006

  3. ya-ka

    Ben Myers Guest

    Downloads are typically stored in the Temporary Internet file folder until
    complete. Go to "Control Panel", "Internet Options", and in the "Temporary
    Internet file" folder, click "Settings". You will probably find several folders,
    any of which may contain the incomplete download.

    Ben
    ..

    Ben Myers, Aug 11, 2006
  4. ya-ka

    Guest

    "ya-ka" <> wrote:

    >Hi all;
    >
    >When I download a file, Internet Explorer stores the file at a temp
    >directory during download and then moves it to the real download
    >directory. But when the download times out, I loose the wholefile.
    >
    >I would like to reach the incomplete file during download so that I may
    >recover the downloaded part (in case it is a rar or zip file containing
    >many files inside, the downloaded part can be saved.)
    >
    >Could you please tell me where IE stores the files during download? I
    >searched the whole C: drive but could not find a solution.

    Just start using www.OPERA.com better than IE and it has a download
    manager, and will resume downloads.

    --
    All things Hubble