Where does Firefox store temporary files?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by John Doe, Jul 28, 2012.

  1. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    I'd like to know, does Firefox store temporary files anyplace
    other than Windows temporary folders?

    These are the only related settings I know about.

    about:config

    browser.cache.disk.parent_directory

    browser.cache.memory.enable

    But, apparently nothing is stored in the "parent directory".

    Any other settings I should know about?

    I would like to redirect all Firefox temporary storage to a
    specific location. A good start would be seeing some file
    creation, someplace.

    Thanks.

    John Doe, Jul 28, 2012

  2. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    As you might guess, I have done some research on this already.

    Just doesn't make sense, that no files would appear in the folder.

    Or maybe they are considered hidden system files?

    John Doe, Jul 28, 2012