    Thanks for all help.

    TJ
    , Feb 24, 2008

  2. wrote:
    > Where does Firefox put addons?
    > If I install some of the downloaded addons, where are they placed on a
    > drive?
    >
    > For example, I have an addon called "Download Helper 2.5.3".
    > It's purpose is to save downloaded videos from sites such as Youtube.
    > That addon contains a nag screen that begs for money every so often.
    > I want to see if I can remove the nag screen, but where the heck is
    > the file? I looked in all the sub directories in the Firefox dir. and
    > I can not find it. I also looked in my registry for ""Download
    > Helper", and cant find it there either. I have about 10 addons
    > installed and can not find any of them.
    >
    > Thanks for all help.
    >
    > TJ

    Could you help us out by telling us your OS?

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 24, 2008

  3. Guest

    On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 22:05:35 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> Where does Firefox put addons?
    >> If I install some of the downloaded addons, where are they placed on a
    >> drive?
    >>
    >> For example, I have an addon called "Download Helper 2.5.3".
    >> It's purpose is to save downloaded videos from sites such as Youtube.
    >> That addon contains a nag screen that begs for money every so often.
    >> I want to see if I can remove the nag screen, but where the heck is
    >> the file? I looked in all the sub directories in the Firefox dir. and
    >> I can not find it. I also looked in my registry for ""Download
    >> Helper", and cant find it there either. I have about 10 addons
    >> installed and can not find any of them.
    >>
    >> Thanks for all help.
    >>
    >> TJ

    >Could you help us out by telling us your OS?
    >
    >Lee

    Windows 98SE
    , Feb 24, 2008
  4. wrote:
    > On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 22:05:35 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>> Where does Firefox put addons?
    >>> If I install some of the downloaded addons, where are they placed on a
    >>> drive?
    >>>
    >>> For example, I have an addon called "Download Helper 2.5.3".
    >>> It's purpose is to save downloaded videos from sites such as Youtube.
    >>> That addon contains a nag screen that begs for money every so often.
    >>> I want to see if I can remove the nag screen, but where the heck is
    >>> the file? I looked in all the sub directories in the Firefox dir. and
    >>> I can not find it. I also looked in my registry for ""Download
    >>> Helper", and cant find it there either. I have about 10 addons
    >>> installed and can not find any of them.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for all help.
    >>>
    >>> TJ

    >> Could you help us out by telling us your OS?
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Windows 98SE

    Sorry, I should have asked for Firefox version as well, but I will
    assume FF 2.0.x.

    Your profile is located at:

    C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\Firefox

    Note that Windows must be set to show hidden files and folders for you
    to be able to see this.

    When you get into your actual profile folder, you will find a folder
    called extensions. The data is in there, though its a little hard to
    sort out which is which, since the names for the subfolders do not make
    clear which is for which extension.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 24, 2008
  5. wrote:
    > Where does Firefox put addons?
    > If I install some of the downloaded addons, where are they placed on a
    > drive?
    >
    > For example, I have an addon called "Download Helper 2.5.3".
    > It's purpose is to save downloaded videos from sites such as Youtube.
    > That addon contains a nag screen that begs for money every so often.
    > I want to see if I can remove the nag screen, but where the heck is
    > the file? I looked in all the sub directories in the Firefox dir. and
    > I can not find it. I also looked in my registry for ""Download
    > Helper", and cant find it there either. I have about 10 addons
    > installed and can not find any of them.
    >
    > Thanks for all help.
    >
    > TJ

    why don't you take a look at some of these sites for
    downloading youtube videos:

    http://keepvid.com/
    http://www.downloader9.com/
    http://www.savetube.com/
    http://get2pc.com/

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Feb 25, 2008
  6. Lukan Guest

    > why don't you take a look at some of these sites for downloading youtube
    > videos:
    >
    > http://keepvid.com/
    > http://www.downloader9.com/
    > http://www.savetube.com/
    > http://get2pc.com/

    Spot on. There are lots of different options for saving clips like you
    mentioned, if that addon is causing you any problems then get rid of it.

    - that being said, I have the addon you're talking about installed on my
    machine and it's never given me any nags or anything like that, but we
    might just have it set up differently.
    Lukan, Feb 25, 2008