Where do you go if you want a job??

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sassi, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Sassi

Sassi

Hi, not sure if I am in the right forum or even the right site as I am not particularly technically minded but would really like some help!

Where does a R&D Software Engineer, who has skills in C / C++ software development for either Linux, Apple or WindowsC with a degree in Electronic Engineering, Computing or Software Engineering, go if s/he is looking for a job?

Would you use the net, journals, agencies, look in the press??

I recruit for a large international organisation and we find it difficult to source engineers although I know you're out there somewhere!

Any tips you can give me would be really helpful!

Thanks.:beer:
    Sassi, Jun 28, 2006
    1. Advertising

2. Sassi

XhArD

bet you some new member answers this post with a link some time in the next few days.
    XhArD, Jun 29, 2006
    1. Advertising

3. Sassi

bigal

How much are you willing to bet? I meet some of those requirements - like being an electrical engineer. But I'm not a software developer.

If I were a software developer, looking for a job in the USA, then I would solicit the major development companies or just search http://www.monster.com/ for current listings. I have found most of my positions via the grapevine, rather than replying to an ad or posted job description. Also, I've been with the same company for most of my career.
    bigal, Jun 29, 2006
  4. Sassi

The Modfather

We need to get agressive and delete these posts and ya know, er, it might be a good idea if there were more people with the ability to activly ban these users by their IP addresses.
    The Modfather, Jun 30, 2006
  5. Sassi

Jyoti Ballabh

on the other hand, this could just go on to show that the site is so ****ing popular that people feel compelled to post such threads here. This should serve the whole purpose of blogging. Just saying!
    Jyoti Ballabh, Nov 26, 2009
  6. Sassi

Jyoti Ballabh

or wait on the campus for the recruiters to come and hire you. That's how it works in this part of Cambridge, Massachusetts.
    Jyoti Ballabh, Nov 26, 2009
    1. Advertising