    "backup" of dvd movies (which I own.)

    cheers
    Pete

    PJ, Aug 17, 2003

  2. PJ

    Gary Morton Guest

    Trademe,$4-$5 + postage
    Gary

    Gary Morton, Aug 18, 2003

  3. PJ

    MarkH Guest

    C-Tech (Manukau)
    Spindle of 50 DVD-R disks for $139

    This makes me consider buying a DVD writer. Probably the Pioneer 106 which
    can burn CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW for the best flexibility for the
    price.

    "Gary Morton" <> wrote in news:ISZ%a.119888
    $:

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    understand binary and those that don't"

    MarkH, Aug 18, 2003
  4. PJ

    PJ Guest

    Thanks Mark,

    you might want to check out xp computer in Newmarket, I think they're having
    a special atm on Sony DRU510A which comes with 8Mb Buffer comparing to only
    2 Mb from Pioneer drives. :)

    PJ, Aug 18, 2003
  5. PJ

    PJ Guest

    "MarkH" <> wrote in message
    > "PJ" <> wrote in
    >

    > Same price as on their website? $469+GST?
    >
    > I can get the pioneer for 100 less. But I'll keep my eyes open for a good
    > deal on the Sony, it'll be 2 or 3 weeks before I have the money to buy.

    yeah,
    I know it's a little expensive comparing to the pioneers, but I honestly do
    believe that the extra buffer is worth the price difference. :)
    Especially if you, like me, don't have a grunty machine to run the dvd
    writer :)
    You can find alot of useful info on dvd writers from http://www.dvdrhelp.com

    cheers
    Pete