  1. Abe

    Abe Guest

    Do I need to take a class or can I read the books and take an exam?
    Abe, Oct 17, 2004

  2. Abe

    Jason Guest

    Star here: www.microsoft.com

    It's amazing what a little online surfing can do for you!

    Jason, Oct 17, 2004

  3. Abe

    Abe Guest

    I am asking for an opinions and not just reading stuff on Microsoft's
    website. Personal experiance, etc.
    Abe, Oct 18, 2004
  4. Abe

    T-Bone Guest

    "Abe" <> wrote
    > Do I need to take a class or can I read the books and take an exam?

    Depends on whether you learn better from books or classroom training.

    Crossposting good, multiposting bad.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, Oct 18, 2004
  5. Abe

    Jason Guest

    My personal opinion and experience suggest that you gain your own personal
    experience rather than try to mooch off of others to achieve your paper
    certification. If you are not after a paper cert then reading through the
    MS website, their knowledge base, and technet are actually invaluable assets
    to add to experience. Otherwise, try braindump sites, I am sure their study
    methods are most honorable and the answers and questions are never wrong or
    inaccurate. Then again, what do I know?

    Jason
    Security+, Net+, A+
    CCNA
    MCDST, MCP

    Jason, Oct 19, 2004
  6. Hi Abe,

    If your newsreader will allow it, download a month's worth of messages and
    see what others have said. Also, go to groups.google.com and search on
    something like "MCDST class book". You'll get opinions on which books are
    most useful.

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Oct 19, 2004