    Professional

    Where should I go from here?

    Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?QnJldHRC?=, May 11, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QnJldHRC?=

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Hi Brett,

    The first thing I would do is get your workstation exam out of the way -
    Either 70-210 or 70-270. Once you have done that I would consider 70-218
    which will give you your MCSA on Windows 2000.

    From there I would take 70-292, the upgrade exam to MCSA on Windows Server
    2003. After that we'll talk again, but those three will get you on the
    right track.

    Good luck!

    Montreal MCT, May 11, 2007

  3. Thanks for the response...I've already taken the 70-210 exam, so It looks
    like the next step is the 70-218.

    So after completing that, and completing the upgrade, I'd be a MCSA in 2003.
    From there is it possible to take 1-2 current exams to have a 2003 MCSE, or
    do i have to upgrade all of my old exams?

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJldHRC?=, May 11, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QnJldHRC?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    Montreal MCT piffled away vaguely:

    > "BrettB" <> wrote in message
    >>I'd like to ultimately have my Windows 2003 MCSE.
    >>
    >> The courses I completed were:
    >> 216 Implementing and Administering a Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Network
    >> Infrastructure
    >> 219 Designing a Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Directory Services Infrastructure
    >> 217 Implementing and Administering a Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Directory
    >> Services Infrastructure
    >> 215 Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft® Windows® 2000
    >> Server
    >> 210 Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft® Windows® 2000
    >> Professional

    > The first thing I would do is get your workstation exam out of the way -
    > Either 70-210 or 70-270. Once you have done that I would consider 70-218
    > which will give you your MCSA on Windows 2000.
    >
    > From there I would take 70-292, the upgrade exam to MCSA on Windows Server
    > 2003. After that we'll talk again, but those three will get you on the
    > right track.

    I'm going to disagree. Finish your W2K MCSA/MCSE with 70-218 and one
    more elective -- go to the MCSE 2000 description to find a list of
    elective exams:

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/requirements.mspx

    Then upgrade to MCSA/MCSE 2003 with 70-292 and 70-296.
    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43
    catwalker63, May 12, 2007
  5. Hey Brett, Catwalker has a great point here. You obviously have experience
    on the 2000 platform and are very close to your credentials there.

    Complete the track while it is still availible THEN use that to gain a 2
    exam upgrade path to the 2003 platform.

    With 3-4 exams, you then set yourself up with multiple credentials. Which
    is going to look like the more experienced candidate? The guy with 6 years
    and an MCSE 2003 or the guy with 6 years of experience and both the MCSE 2000
    and the MCSE 2003?

    It sounds like this would probably be your most effective investment in your
    career.
    --
    Wayne Anderson

    =?Utf-8?B?V2F5bmUgQW5kZXJzb24=?=, May 12, 2007
  6. Thanks again for everyones replies...

    I like the idea of completing my 2000 MCSA/MCSE by taking 70-218 and most
    likely 70-284 (Exchange 2003).

    With the 2000 -> 2003 upgrade exams expiring 3/31/08, what are the options
    going to be for my 2003 MCSA/MCSE if i can't complete 4 exams in the next 10
    months. From what i can tell by reading the 2003 requirements, some of my
    2000 exams/certifications may still count toward the 2003 requirements.

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJldHRC?=, May 14, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?QnJldHRC?=

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Hi Brett,

    Though I know that a lot of the next-gen exams apply to the previous-gen
    certs (Windows 2003 exams apply for Windows 2000 certs) I am pretty sure it
    does not work the other way around. If you miss the boat on the upgrade
    exams I do believe that you will have to retake all of the exams. The only
    exception to that is the workstation exam, with 70-210 qualifying as the
    workstation exam for MCSA 2003 (so does 70-620, Configuring Windows Vista).

    Good luck to you!

    Montreal MCT, May 14, 2007