    Visit my websites at
    www.justjents.co.uk
    www.recumbent.50megs.com

    geepeetee, Mar 24, 2006

  2. I found mine when I ran a program called Network Stumbler, but it must be in
    the router setup surely?

    =?Utf-8?B?cHV0bmlr?=, Mar 24, 2006

  3. geepeetee

    Malke Guest

    geepeetee wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Trying to do some trouble shooting on my wireless connection, and have
    > been
    > told to check what channel they are using. I have tried all the
    > obvious places but no good.
    >
    > The cards are a dlink 510 pci and 610 pcmcia.

    I don't know where "the obvious (to you) places" are, but the channel
    setting will be in the router's configurations. Access the router by
    typing its IP address into a browser. Use a machine that is wired to do
    this so you don't lose connectivity when you make the setting change.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Mar 25, 2006
  4. I use two D-link wireless adapters myself and these were both on channel 8 by
    default as was my router. If you can't get into your router configuration as
    suggested by putnik and malke, try using the adapter configuration utility
    which should have been installed from the disk supplied. To get the D-Link
    utility to work you must first disable Windows ability to configure network
    settings. To do this (in Windows XP) right click on the wireless network
    connection icon in the notification area. Click on "view available wireless
    networks". Click on "change advanced settings" in related tasks. Click on the
    "wireless networks" tab. Uncheck the "use windows to configure my wireless
    network settings" box. You should now be able to use your adapter
    configuration utility to find and change channels. In my case a desktop
    shortcut and a notification area icon were created for this utility when I
    ran the D-Link install disc.

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVhZGNhc2U=?=, Mar 26, 2006