    Quiz Time Guest

    Unlike win98 theres no bin except the one called norton protected, which
    only gives me the option to restore, not permanently delete!

    Quiz Time, Jun 27, 2004

  2. Quiz Time

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Quiz Time" <> wrote in message
    news:q5oDc.2194$
    > > Unlike win98 theres no bin except the one called norton protected,
    > > which only gives me the option to restore, not permanently delete!

    The options to delete ("empty") should be there. Right-click on the icon,
    read the menu: "Empty Norton Protected Files" and "Empty Recycle Bin". You
    need to do both, unless you want Norton to keep the protected files (usually
    Excel, Word, etc. - configurable from "Properties" when you right-click the
    icon).

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Jun 27, 2004

  3. Quiz Time

    Quiz Time Guest

    > > > Unlike win98 theres no bin except the one called norton protected,
    > > > which only gives me the option to restore, not permanently delete!

    > The options to delete ("empty") should be there. Right-click on the icon,
    > read the menu: "Empty Norton Protected Files" and "Empty Recycle Bin". You
    > need to do both, unless you want Norton to keep the protected files

    (usually
    > Excel, Word, etc. - configurable from "Properties" when you right-click

    the
    > icon).

    Ah i didn't try right clicking without first opening, i was just double
    clicking thr bin first, doh. ok thanks !

    Quiz Time, Jun 27, 2004
  4. Quiz Time

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Quiz Time" <> wrote in message

    > > > The options to delete ("empty") should be there. Right-click on
    > > > the icon, read the menu: "Empty Norton Protected Files" and
    > > > "Empty Recycle Bin". You need to do both, unless you want Norton
    > > > to keep the protected files (usually Excel, Word, etc. -
    > > > configurable from "Properties" when you right-click the icon).

    > > Ah i didn't try right clicking without first opening, i was just
    > > double clicking thr bin first, doh. ok thanks !

    You're welcome - HAND

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Jun 27, 2004
  5. Quiz Time

    Reid Decker Guest

    It must be the Norton. I have XP PRO and I tried it. After clicking on
    Recycle Bin, the top line on the left says Empty Recycle Bin. That usually
    permanently deletes all of it.

    Reid Decker, Jun 27, 2004
  6. Quiz Time

    Plato Guest

    Quiz Time wrote:

    > Unlike win98 theres no bin except the one called norton protected, which
    > only gives me the option to restore, not permanently delete!

    Do NOT use nortons protected recycle bin. Disable that nasty feature of
    nortons.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 27, 2004
  7. Plato wrote:
    > Quiz Time wrote:
    >>
    >> Unlike win98 theres no bin except the one called norton protected,
    >> which only gives me the option to restore, not permanently delete!

    > Do NOT

    .... plagiarise.

    Ed Jablonowski, Jun 27, 2004