    windows...
    Now what do I need to do??

    Thanks in advance.
    Jim P, Oct 16, 2003

  2. Jim P

    HF Guest

    First obvious thing to do is to go into setup and set bios defaults.Start
    from square one.

    "Jim P" <> wrote in message
    > Installed new mobo and no change what so ever.
    > Still can't see the drives.
    > I tried to reinstall the OS (Win98) Micron disc.
    > I now get this message...
    >
    > this system does not contain the required signatures in the bios to

    install

    HF, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Jim P

    Jim P Guest

    Hmmm
    Will try that one now....

    Thanks

    Jim P, Oct 16, 2003
  4. Jim P

    Jim P Guest

    Nope...that didn't work.

    Jim P, Oct 16, 2003
  5. Jim P

    Thor Guest

    "Jim P" <> wrote in message
    > Installed new mobo and no change what so ever.
    > Still can't see the drives.
    > I tried to reinstall the OS (Win98) Micron disc.
    > I now get this message...
    >
    > this system does not contain the required signatures in the bios to

    install
    > windows...
    > Now what do I need to do??

    Buy a standard copy of windows, or buy a new replacement motherboard from
    Micron that has the BIOS marker in it, which will allow you to install the
    Micron-OEM copy of Win98 you have. Your new aftermarket board lacks the BIOS
    marker that ties the OEM version of windows to your machine. It's an
    antipiracy feature.
    Thor, Oct 16, 2003
  6. Thor wrote:
    > "Jim P" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Installed new mobo and no change what so ever.
    >>Still can't see the drives.
    >>I tried to reinstall the OS (Win98) Micron disc.
    >>I now get this message...
    >>
    >>this system does not contain the required signatures in the bios to

    > install
    >
    >>windows...
    >>Now what do I need to do??

    > Buy a standard copy of windows, or buy a new replacement motherboard from
    > Micron that has the BIOS marker in it, which will allow you to install the
    > Micron-OEM copy of Win98 you have. Your new aftermarket board lacks the BIOS
    > marker that ties the OEM version of windows to your machine. It's an
    > antipiracy feature.

    I'd recommend buying the new copy of Windows. Even if you can return
    your new mobo & buy one from Micron for the same price (which is
    questionable-most companies, when they have you by the short hairs, will
    ram it all the way in), that would still leave you locked into Micron.
    Buying a standard copy of Windows would break that proprietary grip.
    Calvin Crumrine, Oct 16, 2003
  7. Jim P

    Jim P Guest

    Installed a copy of Windows 98 SE (Non micron disc)

    Wow....there's the drives again.

    Jim P, Oct 16, 2003