    I want to be able to set up VOIP and then to know what is actually
    happening when I tweak the technology to get more out of it.

    Thank you.
    Markky, Aug 18, 2006

  2. Markky

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Markky" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns982314262123D72A58@127.0.0.1
    > Instead of asking you people lots of really dumb
    > questions, is there a decent website which you would
    > reccomend where I can learn about VOIP from scratch.
    >
    > Altho I'm a bit of a techie I don't really want a ton of
    > theory just for its own sake.
    >
    > I want to be able to set up VOIP and then to know what is
    > actually happening when I tweak the technology to get
    > more out of it.
    >
    > Thank you.

    www.voxilla.com is worth a look.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Aug 18, 2006

  3. Markky

    paul hayes Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "Markky" <> wrote in message
    >> Instead of asking you people lots of really dumb
    >> questions, is there a decent website which you would
    >> reccomend where I can learn about VOIP from scratch.
    >>
    >> Altho I'm a bit of a techie I don't really want a ton of
    >> theory just for its own sake.
    >>
    >> I want to be able to set up VOIP and then to know what is
    >> actually happening when I tweak the technology to get
    >> more out of it.
    >>
    >> Thank you.

    > www.voxilla.com is worth a look.
    >
    > Ivor

    and the http://www.voip-info.org wiki. Searching on there for "what is
    voip" is a good place to start.

    cheers,
    Paul.
    paul hayes, Aug 18, 2006
  4. Markky

    Andrew Crane Guest

    "Markky" <> wrote in message
    > Instead of asking you people lots of really dumb questions, is there a
    > decent website which you would reccomend where I can learn about VOIP
    > from scratch.
    >
    > Altho I'm a bit of a techie I don't really want a ton of theory just for
    > its own sake.

    A techie that doesn't know about google?.
    Andrew Crane, Aug 18, 2006
  5. In message <ec4c5e$1d1k$>, Andrew Crane
    <> writes

    >"Markky" <> wrote in message
    >> Instead of asking you people lots of really dumb questions, is there a
    >> decent website which you would reccomend where I can learn about VOIP
    >> from scratch.
    >>
    >> Altho I'm a bit of a techie I don't really want a ton of theory just for
    >> its own sake.

    >A techie that doesn't know about google?.

    maybe they discovered Clusty first

    --
    dave @ stejonda
    dave @ stejonda, Aug 18, 2006
  6. Markky

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Andrew Crane" <> wrote in message
    > "Markky" <> wrote in message
    > > Instead of asking you people lots of really dumb
    > > questions, is there a decent website which you would
    > > reccomend where I can learn about VOIP from scratch.
    > >
    > > Altho I'm a bit of a techie I don't really want a ton
    > > of theory just for its own sake.

    > A techie that doesn't know about google?.

    Perhaps he does know about Google, which is why he doesn't use it.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Aug 18, 2006
  7. In article <Xns982314262123D72A58@127.0.0.1>,
    Markky <> wrote:
    >Instead of asking you people lots of really dumb questions, is there a
    >decent website which you would reccomend where I can learn about VOIP
    >from scratch.
    >
    >Altho I'm a bit of a techie I don't really want a ton of theory just for
    >its own sake.
    >
    >I want to be able to set up VOIP and then to know what is actually
    >happening when I tweak the technology to get more out of it.

    You could try a book, rather than a website, but use a website to get
    the book ;-)

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0596008686/202-3721783-4527821?v=glance&n=266239&s=books&v=glance

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Aug 18, 2006
  8. Markky

    7 Guest

    Markky wrote:

    > Instead of asking you people lots of really dumb questions, is there a
    > decent website which you would reccomend where I can learn about VOIP
    > from scratch.
    >
    > Altho I'm a bit of a techie I don't really want a ton of theory just for
    > its own sake.
    >
    > I want to be able to set up VOIP and then to know what is actually
    > happening when I tweak the technology to get more out of it.
    >
    > Thank you.

    The easy way is to go google.com, under groups, select uk.telecom.voip
    and just read backward through the group's historical posts.
    Spend some time reading and follow some of the links
    and search a little for additional answers,
    you'll be fully knowledged in a few hours.
    7, Aug 20, 2006