    gratefully appreciated.

    --
    Alasdair.
    Alasdair, Oct 8, 2006

  2. Alasdair

    JAMES Guest

    "Alasdair" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am running Windows XP Pro which I bought perfectly legit. I
    > validated it online and it works fine. However, I have lost the
    > little sticker which should have been put on my computer and I am
    > wondering if I can recover the licence code from my HDD. Any guidance
    > gratefully appreciated.
    >
    > --
    > Alasdair.

    Download and run "Belarc Advisor"
    It will tell you the license codes for your computer
    JAMES, Oct 8, 2006

  3. Alasdair

    Evan Platt Guest

    Evan Platt, Oct 8, 2006
  4. Alasdair

    Fred Guest

    Alasdair wrote:
    > I am running Windows XP Pro which I bought perfectly legit. I
    > validated it online and it works fine. However, I have lost the
    > little sticker which should have been put on my computer and I am
    > wondering if I can recover the licence code from my HDD. Any guidance
    > gratefully appreciated.

    Try Magic Jelly Bean
    Fred, Oct 8, 2006
  5. Alasdair

    samuel Guest

    Alasdair <> wrote in

    > I am running Windows XP Pro which I bought perfectly legit. I
    > validated it online and it works fine. However, I have lost
    > the little sticker which should have been put on my computer
    > and I am wondering if I can recover the licence code from my
    > HDD. Any guidance gratefully appreciated.

    as James said Belarc will tell you much

    its free
    samuel, Oct 8, 2006
  6. Alasdair

    nobody Guest

    On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 00:29:40 +0100, Alasdair wrote:

    > I am running Windows XP Pro which I bought perfectly legit. I
    > validated it online and it works fine. However, I have lost the
    > little sticker which should have been put on my computer and I am
    > wondering if I can recover the licence code from my HDD. Any guidance
    > gratefully appreciated.

    Search the registry for productID which by itself will give you quite a few
    hits but eventually you'll find it. Also try searching by using the name
    you registered with. Most times they are together. You might also find it
    by opening a window and checking the "help -about" menu. Or open the device
    manager.
    nobody, Oct 8, 2006
  7. Alasdair

    PeeCee Guest

    "Alasdair" <> wrote in message
    >I am running Windows XP Pro which I bought perfectly legit. I
    > validated it online and it works fine. However, I have lost the
    > little sticker which should have been put on my computer and I am
    > wondering if I can recover the licence code from my HDD. Any guidance
    > gratefully appreciated.
    >
    > --
    > Alasdair.

    SIW is good http://www.gtopala.com/
    Freeware and is stand alone

    Paul.
    PeeCee, Oct 8, 2006
  8. Alasdair

    Alasdair Guest

    wrote:

    >I am running Windows XP Pro which I bought perfectly legit. I
    >validated it online and it works fine. However, I have lost the
    >little sticker which should have been put on my computer and I am
    >wondering if I can recover the licence code from my HDD. Any guidance
    >gratefully appreciated.
    >
    >--
    >Alasdair.

    Thanks folks for your replies. I now have the information I needed.

    --
    Alasdair.
    Alasdair, Oct 8, 2006