Where can I download Ad-aware 2008 7.1.0.12 (free edition)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Martin, Jun 7, 2009.

  1. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Hello,

    Up until about 2 days ago, Ad-aware 2008 7.1.0.12 (free edition) was working
    perfectly on my pc.

    Then, I started receiving an error message that the app was already in use
    by another user of my unit.

    The message was unfounded as I am the only user of my computer.

    I consequently uninstalled the app.

    My previous experience with the anniversary edition was negative and thus I
    wish to avoid installing it.

    Is there a site where I can download the free edition of Ad-aware 2008
    7.1.0.12?

    Thank you.

    Martin

    Martin, Jun 7, 2009

  2. Martin

    Stubbo of Oz Guest

    On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 22:15:11 -0400, "Martin"
    <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >Up until about 2 days ago, Ad-aware 2008 7.1.0.12 (free edition) was working
    >perfectly on my pc.
    >
    >Then, I started receiving an error message that the app was already in use
    >by another user of my unit.
    >
    >The message was unfounded as I am the only user of my computer.
    >
    >I consequently uninstalled the app.
    >
    >My previous experience with the anniversary edition was negative and thus I
    >wish to avoid installing it.
    >
    >Is there a site where I can download the free edition of Ad-aware 2008
    >7.1.0.12?

    Google "ad-aware free" - it came up as the first link in the search
    results for me results
    --
    ----------------
    Stubbo of Oz

    Stubbo of Oz, Jun 7, 2009

  3. Martin

    Doug Guest

    http://www.oldversion.com/Ad-aware.html

    Doug, Jun 7, 2009
  4. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Hello,

    I would like to thank everyone who replied.

    I downloaded version 8.0.5. Though its interface is very different from that
    of the version that I was using, it appears to do the job as intended.

    Thank you.

    Martin

    "Martin" <> wrote in message

    : Hello,
    :
    : Up until about 2 days ago, Ad-aware 2008 7.1.0.12 (free edition) was
    working
    : perfectly on my pc.
    :
    : Then, I started receiving an error message that the app was already in use
    : by another user of my unit.
    :
    : The message was unfounded as I am the only user of my computer.
    :
    : I consequently uninstalled the app.
    :
    : My previous experience with the anniversary edition was negative and thus
    : wish to avoid installing it.
    :

    Martin, Jun 9, 2009