    Thanks,

    Mario
    , Oct 9, 2005

  2. David Gintz Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    >
    > Can any one please tell me a web site from which I can buy the spare
    > o-rings for the CANON IXUS 700 underwater housing model WP-DC80 ?
    >
    > I checked many websites none seam to have it.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mario

    I deal with a shop in Derry, NH that sells over the internet and may be able
    to help you. They're at uwphoto.com. Email or call them since they may be
    able to help you. (Tell them David G. from Londonderry sent you.)

    - David
    David Gintz, Oct 10, 2005

  3. Al Dykes Guest

    In article <>,
    David Gintz <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Can any one please tell me a web site from which I can buy the spare
    >> o-rings for the CANON IXUS 700 underwater housing model WP-DC80 ?
    >>
    >> I checked many websites none seam to have it.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Mario
    >>

    >I deal with a shop in Derry, NH that sells over the internet and may be able
    >to help you. They're at uwphoto.com. Email or call them since they may be
    >able to help you. (Tell them David G. from Londonderry sent you.)
    >
    >- David

    Try B&H Photo in NYC

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home;jsessionid=DJTwrcXbmt!-1138055714?O=RootPage.jsp&A=FetchChildren&Q=&ci=11585

    http://tinyurl.com/dnudf

    --
    a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

    Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.
    Al Dykes, Oct 10, 2005
  4. Dan L Guest

    On 2005-10-10 15:37:41 +1300, (Al Dykes) said:

    > In article <>,
    > David Gintz <> wrote:
    >>
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> Can any one please tell me a web site from which I can buy the spare
    >>> o-rings for the CANON IXUS 700 underwater housing model WP-DC80 ?
    >>>
    >>> I checked many websites none seam to have it.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Mario
    >>>

    >> I deal with a shop in Derry, NH that sells over the internet and may be
    >> able to help you. They're at uwphoto.com. Email or call them since they
    >> may be able to help you. (Tell them David G. from Londonderry sent you.)
    >>
    >> - David
    >>

    > Try B&H Photo in NYC
    >
    > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home;jsessionid=DJTwrcXbmt!-1138055714?O=RootPage.jsp&A=FetchChildren&Q=&ci=11585

    http://tinyurl.com/dnudf

    If

    you're still looking...

    Cameras Underwater do the housing
    <http://www.camerasunderwater.co.uk/d_stills/canon/wpdc80.html> and
    they're good for spares, so give them a shout and they should be able
    to get you an o-ring without a problem.

    Dan.
    Dan L, Oct 10, 2005
  5. Vaughn Guest

    "Dan L" <> wrote in message
    > On 2005-10-10 15:37:41 +1300, (Al Dykes) said:
    >
    > > In article <>,
    > > David Gintz <> wrote:
    > >>
    > >> <> wrote in message

    > >> I deal with a shop in Derry, NH that sells over the internet and may be
    > >> able to help you. They're at uwphoto.com. Email or call them since they
    > >> may be able to help you. (Tell them David G. from Londonderry sent

    you.)

    > >> - David
    > >>

    > > Try B&H Photo in NYC

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home;jsessionid=DJTwrcXbmt!-1138055714?O=RootPage.jsp&A=FetchChildren&Q=&ci=11585

    > http://tinyurl.com/dnudf

    I didn't see them listed on B&H site. This is my concern with many cameras,
    they'll sell you the original but don't support them. My new HP used
    moisture munchers which are a pillow. I don't think the ones most sites
    stock (sealife round) will fit. Fortunately HP included an extra O ring so
    I'm ok for now.
    Vaughn, Oct 10, 2005
  6. Vaughn Guest

    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > Can any one please tell me a web site from which I can buy the spare
    > > o-rings for the CANON IXUS 700 underwater housing model WP-DC80 ?
    > >
    > > I checked many websites none seam to have it.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Mario

    I have a part number for the O-Ring for my new camera and HP doesn't even
    recognize it (actually a kit but O ring is most important part). Good luck.
    Vaughn, Oct 10, 2005
  7. On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 16:59:03 GMT, "Vaughn" <>
    wrote:

    >"Dan L" <> wrote in message
    >> On 2005-10-10 15:37:41 +1300, (Al Dykes) said:

    >you.)

    >> > Try B&H Photo in NYC
    >> >

    >http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home;jsessionid=DJTwrcXbmt!-1138055714?O=RootPage.jsp&A=FetchChildren&Q=&ci=11585
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/dnudf
    >>

    >I didn't see them listed on B&H site. This is my concern with many cameras,
    >they'll sell you the original but don't support them. My new HP used
    >moisture munchers which are a pillow. I don't think the ones most sites
    >stock (sealife round) will fit. Fortunately HP included an extra O ring so
    >I'm ok for now.

    They are listed at B and H and are in stock

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...rch&Q=*&bhs=t&shs=WP-DC80&image.x=4&image.y=6
    Scott in Florida, Oct 10, 2005
  8. Dan Bracuk Guest

    "Vaughn" <> pounded away at his keyboard resulting
    in:
    : My new HP used
    :moisture munchers which are a pillow. I don't think the ones most sites
    :stock (sealife round) will fit.

    Have you ever tried not using them? I personally think they are
    unnecessary.

    Dan Bracuk
    If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.

    Dan Bracuk, Oct 10, 2005
  9. Guest Guest

    >> > Hello,
    >> >
    >> > Can any one please tell me a web site from which I can buy the spare
    >> > o-rings for the CANON IXUS 700 underwater housing model WP-DC80 ?
    >> >
    >> > I checked many websites none seam to have it.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks,
    >> >
    >> > Mario

    Try your local well-stocked hardware store or plumbing outlet.

    The plumbing dept. of my hardware store stocks
    o-rings in sizes ranging from 1/4" to 2-1/2"
    You may find a size to fit your camera housing.

    Failing that, you could buy a tube of clear silicone caulk
    Put a bead of caulk around the edge, and let it dry well...

    <rj>
    Guest, Oct 11, 2005
  10. Vaughn Guest

    "Dan Bracuk" <> wrote in message
    > "Vaughn" <> pounded away at his keyboard resulting
    > in:
    > : My new HP used
    > :moisture munchers which are a pillow. I don't think the ones most sites
    > :stock (sealife round) will fit.
    >
    > Have you ever tried not using them? I personally think they are
    > unnecessary.

    no but likely will. I also read you can dry them out, so until I get
    condensation, not a big issue.
    Vaughn, Oct 16, 2005
  11. Ken Guest

    "Vaughn" <> wrote in message
    > "Dan L" <> wrote in message
    >> On 2005-10-10 15:37:41 +1300, (Al Dykes) said:

    > you.)

    >> > Try B&H Photo in NYC
    >> >

    > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home;jsessionid=DJTwrcXbmt!-1138055714?O=RootPage.jsp&A=FetchChildren&Q=&ci=11585
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/dnudf
    >>

    > I didn't see them listed on B&H site. This is my concern with many
    > cameras,
    > they'll sell you the original but don't support them. My new HP used
    > moisture munchers which are a pillow. I don't think the ones most sites
    > stock (sealife round) will fit. Fortunately HP included an extra O ring
    > so
    > I'm ok for now.

    Make your own. Take the silica gel granules and put them into a cotton (old
    handkerchief) "tea bag" of whatever dimensions you require.

    Ken
    Ken, Oct 16, 2005
  12. Gary Hendricks, Oct 16, 2005
  13. Vaughn Guest

    "Gary Hendricks" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Mario
    >
    > Did you try www.bhphoto.com?
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Gary Hendricks
    > http://www.basic-digital-photography.com

    First place I looked, they sold me the camera. They have them but their
    round and look to big. They're for another camera.
    Vaughn, Oct 22, 2005
  14. Vaughn Guest

    "Ken" <> wrote in message Make your own. Take the
    silica gel granules and put them into a cotton (old
    > handkerchief) "tea bag" of whatever dimensions you require.
    >
    > Ken

    I like the way you think. I have a bunch of old hankies.
    Vaughn, Oct 22, 2005