    somewhere.

    Thanks,
    Barry]

    B&B Musmon, Feb 18, 2007

  2. B&B Musmon

    Guest

    On Feb 18, 4:45 am, B&B Musmon <> wrote:
    > Hello all. I have been using Thunderbird for a while, I like it quite
    > well, doesn't seem to be as vulnerable as Outlook, but what do I know.
    >
    > My problem is I just had a boot error on my hard drive and had to
    > install a new HD and operating system. So I still have the HD
    > installed and the data is still available and actually most programs
    > including Thunderbird run off the old drive without another install.
    > My problem is it thinks it is a new install and has no messages. I
    > can't seem to find the old ones and not sure what to do with them once
    > I find them. Any ideas how to proceed. I know they are there
    > somewhere.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Barry]

    All your data is stored in an area called the TB profile. To find the
    location of this profile, you can read this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile#locate

    but if you're using windows, then you must read this:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

    Once you have found the old profile, here's what you do. Make sure TB
    is closed. Then click on the Start button, then run and enter
    exactly:

    firefox.exe -p

    this will bring up the profile manager. From here, you can use it to
    point TB to the old profile.

    , Feb 18, 2007

  3. B&B Musmon

    B&B Musmon Guest

    Thank you. Once I could find the right place all I did is point the
    local folders to the local folders on the old drive and it works like
    a charm. Thank you so much for your help.

    Barry

    B&B Musmon, Feb 18, 2007