    tried searching under 'inbox' and 'address'. Also the 'Import' options
    don't cover importing from other Mozillas

    Where should I put my old mailbox?

    Stuart, Jan 12, 2004

  2. Stuart

    Tono Guest

    Stuart wrote:

    > I want to transfer my mailboxes and address book from Mozilla 1.0 on one
    > computer to Mozilla 1.5 on another.
    >
    > It should be a case of just dragging and dropping them into the right
    > folder..... but I can't find them on my anywhere on my hardrive - I've
    > tried searching under 'inbox' and 'address'. Also the 'Import' options
    > don't cover importing from other Mozillas
    >
    > Where should I put my old mailbox?

    I havn't been around mozilla very long but you may want to install 1.5
    over the old version and it should have all your old bookmarks and
    address'. I don't know for sure, it does it on newer versions.

    If you want a clean install, use http://backup.jasnapaka.com/ to backup
    your stuff, delete mozilla and reinstall it.

    If you didn't install 1.5 yet, just do the backup then install the 1.5
    either on top of 1.0 or delete it first for a clean install.

    Tono

    Tono, Jan 14, 2004

  3. Stuart

    Stuart Guest

    Tono wrote:
    > I havn't been around mozilla very long but you may want to install 1.5
    > over the old version and it should have all your old bookmarks and
    > address'. I don't know for sure, it does it on newer versions.

    But the old install is on a totally seperate machine. I have installed
    1.5 on a brand new machine and want to import my mailboxs (and address
    book) onto the new machine.

    The mailboxes are currently residing on a USB pendrive

    Stuart, Jan 14, 2004
  4. Stuart

    Tono Guest

    Stuart wrote:
    > Tono wrote:
    >
    >> I havn't been around mozilla very long but you may want to install 1.5
    >> over the old version and it should have all your old bookmarks and
    >> address'. I don't know for sure, it does it on newer versions.

    > But the old install is on a totally seperate machine. I have installed
    > 1.5 on a brand new machine and want to import my mailboxs (and address
    > book) onto the new machine.
    >
    > The mailboxes are currently residing on a USB pendrive

    Well just recently Jordan wrote:

    The bookmarks and address book are in the following folder:

    C:\windows\application
    data\mozilla\profiles\default\zn5c3sbr.slt\bookmarks.html

    C:\windows\application data\mozilla\profiles\default\zn5c3sbr.slt\abook.mab

    Good luck!

    Tono, Jan 15, 2004
  5. Stuart

    Stuart Guest

    Tono wrote:

    > Well just recently Jordan wrote:
    >
    > The bookmarks and address book are in the following folder:
    >
    > C:\windows\application
    > data\mozilla\profiles\default\zn5c3sbr.slt\bookmarks.html
    >
    > C:\windows\application data\mozilla\profiles\default\zn5c3sbr.slt\abook.mab
    >
    > Good luck!

    Well, that's where they are on Windows 98, XP doesn't have an
    Application Data folder.

    I've foun the address book in the Program files/Mozilla folder, but
    there doesn't appear to be any mailboxes there at all

    All I need to know is how to import them into Moz - and I've tried
    'Import Mailboxes' and that doesn't work either

    Stuart, Jan 15, 2004
  6. Stuart

    Stuart Guest

    Stuart wrote:

    > Well, that's where they are on Windows 98, XP doesn't have an
    > Application Data folder.
    >
    > I've foun the address book in the Program files/Mozilla folder, but
    > there doesn't appear to be any mailboxes there at all
    >
    > All I need to know is how to import them into Moz - and I've tried
    > 'Import Mailboxes' and that doesn't work either

    Found them, they're in documents and settings/<username>/application
    Data/Mozilla etc

    It didn't help that despite me selecting 'Do Not hide files/folders'....
    it hid all the ones I wanted

    Stuart, Jan 15, 2004
  7. Stuart

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Stuart wrote:

    > Stuart wrote:
    >

    >>Well, that's where they are on Windows 98, XP doesn't have an
    >>Application Data folder.
    >>
    >>I've foun the address book in the Program files/Mozilla folder, but
    >>there doesn't appear to be any mailboxes there at all
    >>
    >>All I need to know is how to import them into Moz - and I've tried
    >>'Import Mailboxes' and that doesn't work either

    > Found them, they're in documents and settings/<username>/application
    > Data/Mozilla etc
    >
    > It didn't help that despite me selecting 'Do Not hide files/folders'....
    > it hid all the ones I wanted

    For future reference, here are some links you might want to bookmark.

    http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html
    http://www.ufaq.org/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=99
    http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz_info_ed.html

    ;-)