    drivers. These are the NTAATIMD40 and NTAATIRV40 devices. Other posts have
    said to install the windows drivers using the manual install. However, I
    have no idea where these drivers are. A little help would be welcome.

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVkIEgu?=, Jul 22, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TmVkIEgu?=

    DKI Guest

    The Display drivers should be in the install package. you need to use winrar
    or winzip to extract the files out of the package to the hard disk.

    DKI, Jul 22, 2005

  3. Install package? Where is the install package?

    Also what am I looking for? Shouldn't there be an .inf file that would tell
    the OS what drivers to install?

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVkIEgu?=, Jul 22, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TmVkIEgu?=

    DKI Guest

    ok in other posts are they saying to install the ones contained in windows
    or the downloaded drivers for windows ones

    Can you show me the post as to which drivers they were refering to.

    Which card do you have also since other people might be able to help you
    more better.

    DKI, Jul 22, 2005

    Steve Thompson, Jul 22, 2005

    Steve Thompson wrote:
    > Ned H. wrote:
    >
    >>>When installing the ATI display drivers, two display devices end up with no
    >>>drivers. These are the NTAATIMD40 and NTAATIRV40 devices. Other posts have
    >>>said to install the windows drivers using the manual install. However, I
    >>>have no idea where these drivers are. A little help would be welcome.

    > The ATI Catalust drivers can be found on ATI's site. But there site has
    > been pretty overloaded since the new release of the 5.7 Catalust
    > drivers. The URL that should get you there is
    > https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27
    >
    > If the you get a page that says the session needs to be restarted then
    > their site is just overloaded and you'll have to keep trying. I may make
    > these drivers available on my site until their site has calmed down a
    > bit. I'll see how things go on their site for the rest of the day. Let
    > us all know if you manage to get there or not.
    >
    > HTH,
    >
    > --
    > Steve Thompson
    > Key ID: 0x495F423B http://pgpkeys.telering.at
    > CBEC CFA9 94DB B835 5B86 4F7B 5EFF 6369 495F 423B
    >
    > Online 64 .NET | http://www.online64.net/
    > Help get the forums going.

    Hello again all,

    I have posted a new message in the forums on my site
    http://www.online64.net under 'Windows Drivers' that will allow you to
    download the RADEON 5.7 driver and the Catalyst Control panel from my
    site. ATI's site has been overwhelmed since the 5.7 release and it has
    been very hard to get to their drivers section. Currently I only have
    the RADEON series available but the other x64 divers will be available soon.

    Cheers,

    - --

    Steve Thompson, Jul 22, 2005
  7. DKI and Steve, the 5.7 Cats are the problem, not the solution.

    My card is an x800 Pro, Radeon. I've been clicking around Windows and the
    installation CD for some time, but I have no clue as to where the drivers
    might be or what their name is. The people who have had this problem before
    seem to know where to look.

    Ned

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVkIEgu?=, Jul 22, 2005

    Ned H. wrote:
    > DKI and Steve, the 5.7 Cats are the problem, not the solution.
    >
    > My card is an x800 Pro, Radeon. I've been clicking around Windows and the
    > installation CD for some time, but I have no clue as to where the drivers
    > might be or what their name is. The people who have had this problem before
    > seem to know where to look.
    >
    > Ned
    >
    > "DKI" wrote:
    >

    >>ok in other posts are they saying to install the ones contained in windows
    >>or the downloaded drivers for windows ones
    >>
    >>Can you show me the post as to which drivers they were refering to.
    >>
    >>Which card do you have also since other people might be able to help you
    >>more better.
    >>

    >>"Ned H." <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Install package? Where is the install package?
    >>>
    >>>Also what am I looking for? Shouldn't there be an .inf file that would
    >>>tell
    >>>the OS what drivers to install?

    OK, I think this is what you're looking for. But then again, I was wrong
    once :>)

    Go into the Control Panel
    Go to the System icon
    Select the Harware tab
    Select Device Manager
    Expand Display Adapters
    Right Click on your display adapter and select Properties
    Select the Driver Tab
    Select Driver

    This will show you where the drivers exist on your system

    HTH,

    - --

    Steve Thompson, Jul 22, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?TmVkIEgu?=

    DKI Guest

    Ah ok right the INF files are in the cab files on the CD. i am not sure in
    the where they are but they need to be extracted. you might need to ask
    those people in the news group which specific files to extract from the
    Windows CD and what file names they are under in the XP CD. i found an ATI
    inf but no other files for it.

    Use winrar to open the files up. sorry i can't help as much as since i am an
    nvidia user and never ran into this type of problem.

    DKI, Jul 22, 2005