    down.
    --
    Denise
    Denise, Jul 1, 2008

  2. Are you talking about Windows Explorer?

    Vista uses something called the breadcrumb bar. Clicking back an item or
    two in the address bar (the default is the breadcrumb bar) is the same as an
    UP arrow. There is a down-facing carat just to the left of the address bar.
    Clicking there shows some places where you have come from to reach the
    present folder and level and serves well as a down arrow.

    If you mean something else, sorry I missed the point from your brief
    description.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 1, 2008

  3. Denise

    Denise Guest

    Thanks for replying. I've been used to Windows since Windows 95 came out.
    On Windows Explorer, there are 4 arrows, pointing up, down, backwards and
    forward. The up and down arrows were good to use when you're inside a
    subfolder that's inside 3, 4 or 5, etc folders. I found that, on the right
    hand side, I can select folders or the C drive.

    --
    Denise

    Denise, Jul 1, 2008
  4. The disadvantage of the up and down arrows is that you must click for each
    intervening level to reach the desired one. The breadcrumb bar allows you
    do move to a non-contiguous level with one click.

    The Vista beta team came to believe that the arrows were redundant since you
    can still click one level at a time if you want to and most of the techbeta
    testers came to agree that the breadcrumb bar was a faster and more
    intuitive navigation device.

    Everybody coming from XP says the same thing at first glance. And I mean
    everybody. But the breadcrumb bar does grow on one with use.

    In any case, its all a done deal now so I hope you come to like Vista's
    tool. Enjoy.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 2, 2008
  5. Denise

    Denise Guest

    At this point, if I could install my motherboard software, I'd be doing
    really good. Without it, I can't install other programs that need files from
    the disk.
    --
    Denise

    Denise, Jul 2, 2008