    welcome

    --
    PT

    PT, Sep 22, 2005

  2. PT

    gwtc Guest

    PT wrote:

    > WinXP & IE6 stores them in a subfolder of Documents & Settings. I've looked
    > in the obvious places in Program Files for the Mozilla favorites so I can
    > more conveniently rearrange and edit them. No luck so far. Suggestions
    > welcome

    Mozilla stores its bookmarks, preferences, Mail, address book,
    settings, etc, in a directory called your Profile. Only IE uses
    Favorites whereas Mozilla's are called bookmarks, and they are all
    stored within one file called bookmarks.html. This file can be edited
    with any html editor.

    I don't know which Program you're using, Mozilla the Suite, or Mozilla
    Firefox, but to find your Mozilla the Suite's Profile see this:
    http://ilias.ca/mozilla/profilefaq/#locations

    And to find your Firefox Profile see this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile

    One important note: Your Profile is hidden. To find out how to
    unhide window files, then see this:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/tips/personalize/hiddenfiles.asp

    Good luck!!!!

    gwtc, Sep 22, 2005

  3. PT

    Skratz Guest

    PT wrote:
    > WinXP & IE6 stores them in a subfolder of Documents & Settings. I've looked
    > in the obvious places in Program Files for the Mozilla favorites so I can
    > more conveniently rearrange and edit them. No luck so far. Suggestions
    > welcome

    Why did you go look in the "program files" bookmarks aren't program
    files, they are user "documents & settings".

    Bookmarks aren't stored as sepperate files like ie's, but are stored in
    a html file. So editing them the way you want is more complex than
    desired and needed.

    What is wrong with the "manage bookmarks" item in the "bookmars" menu?
    It probably does everything you want and more.

    Skratz, Sep 24, 2005
  4. PT

    koolseg

    Joined:
    May 11, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Where mozilla firefox favorites are store

    Mozilla firefox favorites are stored as html file. For WinXP and Vista check "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile" folder then open the file named bookmarks.html to see you favourites.

    koool

    koolseg, May 11, 2010