    ####################
    ## PH, London
    ####################

    Philip Herlihy, Jul 10, 2004

  2. Philip Herlihy

    Pavel A. Guest

    Before SP2 - under
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WZCSVC\Parameters\Interfaces\

    --PA

    Pavel A., Jul 10, 2004

  3. Thanks! Looks right. Encrypted, as far as I can tell.

    The interesting thing is that I now know that plugging my wireless adapter
    into another computer won't give away access to my network.

    --
    ####################
    ## PH, London

    Philip Herlihy, Jul 11, 2004
  4. Philip Herlihy

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    Wireless Cable/DSL Router or an Access Point stores the encryption key on
    their own. The Wireless Clint is transparent to this process, the receiving
    computer need the key in its software to decipher the encrypted signal.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Jul 11, 2004
  5. Philip Herlihy

    Pavel A. Guest

    "Philip Herlihy" <> wrote in message news:#...
    > Thanks! Looks right. Encrypted, as far as I can tell.
    >
    > The interesting thing is that I now know that plugging my wireless adapter
    > into another computer won't give away access to my network.

    It is *not* impossible for WLAN driver to store these keys on the netcard itself,
    maybe such devices already exist.

    --PA

    Pavel A., Jul 12, 2004
  6. Re: Where are encryption keys stored? - [Thanks folks!]

    --
    ## PH, London

    Philip Herlihy, Jul 12, 2004