    Does anybody know where are these files downloaded?
    I would appreciate any help.
    Thank you!

    Carolina, Jun 5, 2008

  2. "Carolina" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I downloaded Clinic 6262 from Microsoft E-Learning site.
    > I can access this course offline using Microsoft E-Learning Offline
    > Player, but I would like to know where are these files downloaded
    > because I want to copy and take them home.

    You cannot "copy and take them home".

    You need to log onto Microsoft eLearning from your home computer, download
    the Offline Player to that computer, and then re-download the course content
    to that computer.

    Your progress on both systems will be synchronized and updated through the
    microsoftelearning.com site.

    > In E-Learning FAQ site says these files are downloaded in the same
    > path where the aplication was installed, but this is not true, I
    > couldn't find them there.

    In fact, they're now stored in a slightly different location.

    On Windows XP, you'll find these files in ~\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Element K\Offline Course Player\content

    On Windows Vista, you'll find them in ~\AppData\Local\Element K\Offline
    Course Player\content

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin, Jun 5, 2008

  3. Carolina

    Carolina Guest

    Lawrence, thanks a lot!

    Carolina, Jun 5, 2008
  4. Carolina

    Carolina Guest

    Lawrence thanks a lot!

    Carolina, Jun 5, 2008
  5. Carolina

    Satheesh Guest

    Thanks a lot man..

    Satheesh, Jun 13, 2008
  6. Carolina

    Sim Guest

    Can I ask why I can't view my downloaded contents in my player? Before I
    reformated my PC, I was still using the Offline Player to view my courses.
    Now, everytime I choose a course, only a blank screen appears.

    Thanks,

    Sim, Jul 17, 2008
  7. "Sim" <> wrote in message
    > Can I ask why I can't view my downloaded contents in my player? Before I
    > reformated my PC, I was still using the Offline Player to view my courses.
    > Now, everytime I choose a course, only a blank screen appears.

    Uhh..... "...before I reformatted my PC..."

    What do you suppose happened to all that offline content when you
    "reformatted your PC"?

    You'll need to download it again.

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin, Jul 19, 2008
  8. Carolina

    Sim Guest

    Hi,

    Yes, I did install the player of course. Then I had the plug-ins downloaded
    and installed again. I was able to download the courses but every time I
    decide to view them using the Offline Player, it wouldn't display the content
    (the one that pops up for with the round button selection).

    I'm not sure what happened there because when I check the folder where the
    content are stored, I can view them in I.E. Plus, I have all the complete
    requirements.

    What I did anyway is to uninstall the player and reinstall it again and
    redownload all my courses in the player. It is working now.

    Thanks!

    Sim, Jul 19, 2008
  9. Carolina

    Sim Guest

    And yes, I downloaded all the courses again right after my reformat. I
    downloaded them again when I had to uninstall and re-install the player after
    having an issue in displaying the content.

    Thanks a lot.

    Sim, Jul 19, 2008
  10. Carolina

    Sim Guest

    Noted, lesson learned. Thanks.

    Sim, Jul 20, 2008
  11. Carolina

    Anand More

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Placing E-Learning Offline courses at single location !!

    Hi,

    On the basis of the above discussion I have few queries.

    1> We want to offer E-Learning courses through the Microsoft SharePoint Server. Therefore we install “Microsoft E-Learning Offline Player” on
    every Client-PC and the E-Learning Courses at disposal on our SharePoint
    Server. Now every Client can download the course from the SharePoint Portal, so that he gets offered the courses at starting the “Offline Player”, without downloading the courses from every client.

    2> Are there any API’s or Code available for the offline player, so that the player can be customization to satisfy the requirement as per our needs mentioned in above point. (Point 1)?

    I would appreciate any help.

    Thanks
    Anand More.

    Anand More, Aug 31, 2010
  12. Carolina

    jffnuggets

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Just joined velocityreviews to post in this old thread how annoying it was to read whatever this Lawrence Garvin had to say.

    You make techs (like me) look bad with such writing; it fuels the anti-human stereotype that we have.

    May I suggest, then, that you stop mocking users with that condescending tone when they're sincerely asking for help in what can sometimes seem very complex and intimidating for them. You can direct and educate users in a nice way. Try it and it becomes a habit. I presume you're not addressed like that by your mechanic, doctor, accountant, etc.

    Both Carolina and Sim asked reasonable questions, and Sim provided enough info - he said he clicked on the course; there's no course to click on if he didn't download it yet.

    jffnuggets, Sep 1, 2011