    saved password?

    The operating system on this computer is Windows XP.

    Thanks!

    Experienced but Undocumented, Jul 7, 2004

  2. Experienced but Undocumented

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 05:07:33 GMT, "Experienced but Undocumented"
    <> wrote:

    >We have a shared computer where several different users use a particular web
    >based system which they need to log into. The website in question uses
    >basic authentication.
    >
    >Is it possible to disable the "remember password" feature or clear all
    >passwords upon reboot, so that one user does not log on with another user's
    >saved password?
    >
    >The operating system on this computer is Windows XP.
    >
    >Thanks!

    Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, "Internet Options"
    Click the "Advanced" tab. Scroll down to "Browsing",
    uncheck "Use Inline Autocomplete for Web Addresses" and
    uncheck "Use Inline Autocomplete for Windows Explorer"

    Click "Content" tab, under the "Personal Information" section,
    click the "AutoComplete" button, uncheck what you don't want.
    To clear the "Auto Complete History", click the "Clear Forms" button.

    How to Use the AutoComplete Feature in Internet Explorer 5 and 6
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=217148

    Unk, Jul 7, 2004

  3. Experienced but Undocumented

    WormWood Guest

    "Experienced but Undocumented" <> wrote in message
    > We have a shared computer where several different users use a particular

    web
    > based system which they need to log into. The website in question uses
    > basic authentication.
    >
    > Is it possible to disable the "remember password" feature or clear all
    > passwords upon reboot, so that one user does not log on with another

    user's
    > saved password?
    >
    > The operating system on this computer is Windows XP.
    >
    > Thanks!

    If every user will change their password at the website referred to and then
    does not check the "remember my password" option, the problem may be solved,
    even though they will have to fill it in upon each web session. Good luck.

    WormWood, Jul 7, 2004