    --

    Best regards,
    Michal Zbonkowski
    mihau, Jan 21, 2005

  2. mihau

    ap Guest

    You can try brain bench, but what it offers are worthless certs

    http://www.brainbench.com/xml/bb/individuals/individuals.xml

    "mihau" <mz[at]hot.pl> wrote in message news:41f18927$...
    > Hi.
    > Where can I find any FREE IT or computer technology certification? Of

    course
    > online. Eventually I need any certification as cheap as is possible.
    > I saw free certification couple months ago but I don't remember WWW

    adress.

    ap, Jan 21, 2005

  3. "mihau" <mz[at]hot.pl> wrote in message news:41f18927$...
    > Hi.
    > Where can I find any FREE IT or computer technology certification? Of
    > course
    > online. Eventually I need any certification as cheap as is possible.
    > I saw free certification couple months ago but I don't remember WWW
    > adress.
    > Please help.

    Free online certifications aren't going to be very valuable to you if you're
    searching for a job.
    Patrick Michael, Jan 22, 2005
  4. mihau

    Frederic Guest

    I disagree

    Brainbench certs are not worthless. Everything is about marketing the result
    of your efforts. It validates a level of knowledge. You have to associate it
    with your experience in order to sell you competences.

    the following is from the brainbench website:

    Leading Corporate Customers
    Prominent companies such as Booz Allen Hamilton, CACI, EDS, Ford Motor
    Company, H&R Block, IBM, Interwoven, JPMorgan, Kaiser Permanente, Manpower,
    Prometric, SAIC, Seimens, TAC Worldwide, U.S. Government Agencies, Verizon,
    and Wells Fargo rely upon our services to measure the skills that drive
    their business success as well as to employ Brainbench certified
    professionals.
    Over 6 Million Registered and Returning Members
    Our user community includes registered users from every member of the
    Fortune 100 Companies. To date, over 7 million tests have been administered
    to our members, making us the number one certification provider in the
    world.
    ISO 9001 Certification
    We are the first online testing company to achieve this certification.
    ISO 9001 is the most comprehensive of the conformance standards and affirms
    that our test development process brings world-class quality tests to our
    customers through demonstrated efficiency and effectiveness.

    --
    Frederic
    MCP, IT Project+, i-Net+, CIW Associate, A+

    Frederic, Jan 22, 2005
  5. mihau

    mihau Guest

    mihau, Jan 22, 2005
  6. mihau

    ap Guest

    Brainbench uses those company names because they are brainbench customers.
    BB, is a testing service for employment. In the job market its certs have
    no value. The certs have no integrity. You can take a test at home and use
    whatever resources you want to answer the questions or just have some else
    answer them for you. For the companies mentions there is a value, the
    companies use the testing on site in a controlled environment.

    ap, Jan 23, 2005
  7. On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 22:37:23 -0500, "ap" <> wrote:

    >Brainbench uses those company names because they are brainbench customers.
    >BB, is a testing service for employment. In the job market its certs have
    >no value. The certs have no integrity. You can take a test at home and use
    >whatever resources you want to answer the questions or just have some else
    >answer them for you. For the companies mentions there is a value, the
    >companies use the testing on site in a controlled environment.

    So they do have integrity...

    Are they not timed? If they are, can you just picture someone sitting
    at the computer, surrounded by friends and family and a stack of
    books, with everyone scrambling for the answer for each question so
    that someone can get a useless cert. LOL

    Ask yourself why these companies are Brainbench customers.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jan 23, 2005
  8. mihau

    ap Guest

    Go to brainbench and take one of the the tests. You will see just how much
    integrity they have. Why do the companies use them? Simple, to verify an
    applicants claimed skills. In the employemnt screening enviroment these
    tests do have integrity as well as provide a valuable service to employeers.
    Even if you passed on of theses tests on your own, and empolyer that uses
    this service would make you take the test again. Best buy will make anyone
    who applies for a tech position take their test, regardless of previous
    experience/education.

    If you think these things, brainbench, have value study hard and take a few.
    When you find out that employers have no clue what they are and really dont
    care about them, then you will see that brainbench certs have no value. In
    the IT world these "certifications" are laughed at.

    ap, Jan 24, 2005