    interested in what you get when you pass. is it just a card? or a
    paper? or what?
    ==============

    fat D | deltree, Jul 28, 2004

  2. fat D | deltree

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 28, 2004 "fat D | deltree" blathered:

    > i'm currently reading Mike Meyers all-in-one A+ book, and i'm
    > interested in what you get when you pass. is it just a card? or a
    > paper? or what?

    Yes.

    --
    TechGeekPro - MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 28, 2004

  3. On 28 Jul 2004 17:33:34 -0400,
    -spam.invalid (fat D | deltree) wrote:

    >i'm currently reading Mike Meyers all-in-one A+ book, and i'm
    >interested in what you get when you pass. is it just a card? or a
    >paper? or what?
    >==============
    >For this group's frequently asked questions, check out www.CertFAQ.com

    At first you get your score sheet, which includes an analysis of
    strengths and weaknesses. That happens right after you complete the
    test, at the testing center. Then, several weeks later, you get a card
    and a certificate. This based on my experience over 4 years ago.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jul 29, 2004
  4. "fat D | deltree" <-spam.invalid> wrote in
    message news:41081bae$...
    > i'm currently reading Mike Meyers all-in-one A+ book, and i'm
    > interested in what you get when you pass. is it just a card? or a
    > paper? or what?
    > ==============
    > For this group's frequently asked questions, check out www.CertFAQ.com

    You get a really crappy certificate and an equally card that isn't even
    laminated.... Definitely worth $200..NOT

    Patrick Michael, Jul 29, 2004
  5. fat D | deltree

    billybronco Guest

    "Patrick Michael" <> wrote in message

    > You get a really crappy certificate and an equally card that isn't even
    > laminated.... Definitely worth $200..NOT

    How easy would it be to fake that certificate?. I could pass the A+ whilst
    taking a dump, but have neither the time, nor energy to bother.

    billybronco, Jul 29, 2004
  6. On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 20:04:30 +0100, "billybronco"
    <> wrote:

    >"Patrick Michael" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> You get a really crappy certificate and an equally card that isn't even
    >> laminated.... Definitely worth $200..NOT
    >>

    >How easy would it be to fake that certificate?. I could pass the A+ whilst
    >taking a dump, but have neither the time, nor energy to bother.

    No more difficult than to fake a university degree, I'd think. Dozens
    of e-mail offers a month here for that "service".

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jul 29, 2004
  7. fat D | deltree

    Brian M. Guest

    kinda hard to fake it when your employer asks you to "publish" the cert or
    is a compTIA member. the test isn't that hard, and $200 isn't that much for
    a lifetime cert.

    Brian M., Jul 30, 2004
  8. On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 19:42:30 -0400, "Brian M."
    <> wrote:

    >kinda hard to fake it when your employer asks you to "publish" the cert or
    >is a compTIA member. the test isn't that hard, and $200 isn't that much for
    >a lifetime cert.

    Right, but just about any paper certificate these days is easy to
    fake. Some plastic cards can be quite another story.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jul 30, 2004