    I am wondering when the street date is for X64. And. what build are they
    in now?

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?RXJu?=, Jun 20, 2005

  2. It is already available. It is however an OEM release so it won't be
    available at the run of the mill office supply store. You can order it from
    online vendors (they are supposed to have to sell you a hardware component
    with it but I've found a couple of sites that haven't required it) and you
    might be able to get it from your local computer parts store.

    =?Utf-8?B?cmVfYm9vdA==?=, Jun 20, 2005

  3. Wayne Wastier, Jun 20, 2005
  4. But if you think you are ready for it check these online locations:
    http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16837102034
    http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=14638&vpn=ZAT-00007&manufacture=Microsoft
    http://www.directron.com/winxpx64.html
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 20, 2005
  5. I admit I was v. lucky, but just FYI I can confirm that I had my XP x64 CD
    in early May, so XP x64 final has been (kinda) available for about six
    weeks already.

    Julian Lord [PROneTworks], Jun 20, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?RXJu?=

    Rick Guest

    Windows XP Professional x64 was released to manufacturer (RTM) by
    Microsoft on Monday, April 25, 2005, and is currently available as an
    OEM edition only.

    Rick, Jun 20, 2005
  7. What Build is it in. My friend and I have a bet what number it is. I know.
    How childess lol

    =?Utf-8?B?RXJu?=, Jun 20, 2005
  8. The final build number is 1830 and is built off the Windows Server 2003 SP1
    code base.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 20, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?RXJu?=

    John Barnes Guest

    No legitimate vendor would risk their authorization to sell Microsoft
    product by skipping the hardware. Many add it into the price and show it
    free at checkout. Usually a cable or splitter, etc.

    John Barnes, Jun 20, 2005
  10. The important thing is that it be non-Microsoft hardware, ie not a MS
    cordless keyboard or whatever, so that MS is not itself the OEM, with an
    OEM's legal obligations.

    Julian Lord [PROneTworks], Jun 20, 2005
  11. "Julian Lord [PROneTworks]" <> wrote in message
    The important thing is that it be non-Microsoft hardware, ie not a MS
    cordless keyboard or whatever, so that MS is not itself the OEM, with an
    OEM's legal obligations.

    Actually, that might be the catch 22 we have been looking for. Force
    Microsoft to support this OS. :)

    Wayne Wastier, Jun 21, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?RXJu?=

    -Dan- Guest

    Actually, the version/build number on my OEM version is
    Version 5.2.3790 Service Pack 1 Build 3790.

    --
    --Dan--

    -Dan-, Jun 21, 2005
  13. That's the build number of the 2k3 RTM that the OS is based on, not the
    build number of the XP x64 itself.

    Julian Lord [PROneTworks], Jun 21, 2005
  14. Exactly, thats why I said it was built off the Server 2003 codebase, but if
    you were suppose add all the build numbers from April 2003 up to now, it
    would come to 1830, I think the build number from Itanium was added to it
    also which was last at 1069 in version 2003 of Windows XP 64-BIT.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 21, 2005
  15. =?Utf-8?B?RXJu?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Copied from system information.

    OS Name Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Professional x64 Edition

    John Barnes, Jun 21, 2005
  16. =?Utf-8?B?RXJu?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Mine came with a used Dell keyboard, think I'll get support from Dell? :)

    John Barnes, Jun 21, 2005
  17. =?Utf-8?B?RXJu?=

    John Long Guest

    I just received this E-Mail back from Microsoft support !
    I had misplaced my order number and I asked them if they could locate it.

    They indicate the orders will be going out the end of June.

    Thank you for your interest,

    Your order number is X000****.
    Thank you for your inquiry.

    Your order for the Technology Advancement Software Kit was indeed received
    and product is expected to ship at the end of June.

    Your credit card will be billed at the time your order physically ships from
    our Fulfillment Center.

    Your order will remain in "Pending" status until the product physically
    ships.

    Sincerely,

    Microsoft Technology Advancement Program

    John Long

    John Long, Jun 21, 2005
  18. "John Barnes" <> wrote in message
    > Mine came with a used Dell keyboard, think I'll get support from Dell?
    > :)

    Naw, I hear that they don't even give good support if you buy a whole sysem.
    I heard this from clients of mine that forgot to ask me first before buying
    their new computers. LOL

    Wayne
    P.S. I hope this doesn't offend any Dell users. :)

    Wayne Wastier, Jun 21, 2005
  19. Good for you.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 21, 2005
  20. That is just build number of the code base upon which XP Pro x64 is built.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 21, 2005