When will the bottom fall out of the Gulf Of Mexico

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by OldGringo38, Jul 5, 2010.

  1. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    OldGringo38, Jul 5, 2010

  2. OldGringo38

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 16:56:16 -0500, OldGringo38 ÇʇoɹÊ:

    > http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/06/08/us/20100608-oil-spill-

    live-video-feed-bp.html?ref=us

    I've been watching the 12 live feeds from the PBS Newshour site for
    weeks. I'm currently watching that cap thing with the fins on it rock
    back and forth over the riser quite substantially. Must have some pretty
    rough seas above. I hope they designed that thing to tolerate that much
    rocking back and forth even though it doesn't seem to be collection much
    of the oil. The rest of the activity is to get a third and maybe a forth
    method and conduit to capture more of that shit.

    Meat Plow, Jul 6, 2010

  3. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 7/6/2010 7:04 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 16:56:16 -0500, OldGringo38 ÇʇoɹÊ:
    >
    >> http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/06/08/us/20100608-oil-spill-

    > live-video-feed-bp.html?ref=us
    >
    > I've been watching the 12 live feeds from the PBS Newshour site for
    > weeks. I'm currently watching that cap thing with the fins on it rock
    > back and forth over the riser quite substantially. Must have some pretty
    > rough seas above. I hope they designed that thing to tolerate that much
    > rocking back and forth even though it doesn't seem to be collection much
    > of the oil. The rest of the activity is to get a third and maybe a forth
    > method and conduit to capture more of that shit.

    Many years back I had a 350 gallon salt water aquarium which gave me the
    opportunity to become familiar with how fragile an environment the
    oceans of the world are. An Ecosystem that will care for its self if
    not polluted by man. The water and air on this planet are the only two
    things that keep us going and we treat it as if we could run to Wal-Mart
    and buy some more when it no longer suits our needs. Commonsense is no
    longer part of our society.

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Jul 6, 2010
  4. OldGringo38

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 08:38:38 -0500, OldGringo38 ÇʇoɹÊ:

    > On 7/6/2010 7:04 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 16:56:16 -0500, OldGringo38 ÇʇoɹÊ:
    >>
    >>> http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/06/08/us/20100608-oil-spill-

    >> live-video-feed-bp.html?ref=us
    >>
    >> I've been watching the 12 live feeds from the PBS Newshour site for
    >> weeks. I'm currently watching that cap thing with the fins on it rock
    >> back and forth over the riser quite substantially. Must have some
    >> pretty rough seas above. I hope they designed that thing to tolerate
    >> that much rocking back and forth even though it doesn't seem to be
    >> collection much of the oil. The rest of the activity is to get a third
    >> and maybe a forth method and conduit to capture more of that shit.

    > Many years back I had a 350 gallon salt water aquarium which gave me the
    > opportunity to become familiar with how fragile an environment the
    > oceans of the world are. An Ecosystem that will care for its self if
    > not polluted by man. The water and air on this planet are the only two
    > things that keep us going and we treat it as if we could run to Wal-Mart
    > and buy some more when it no longer suits our needs. Commonsense is no
    > longer part of our society.

    It's sickening to watch those billions of gallons of crude still spewing
    like a volcano from underneath that farcical cap they placed. I see this
    as a long-term ecological and economical catastrophy with global impact.
    There's just no way you can inundate and overwhelm the Gulf with zillions
    of gallons of crude oil and all the dispersants and expect anything but a
    grim outcome.

    Meat Plow, Jul 6, 2010
  5. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 7/6/2010 8:49 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 08:38:38 -0500, OldGringo38 ÇʇoɹÊ:
    >
    >> On 7/6/2010 7:04 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 16:56:16 -0500, OldGringo38 ÇʇoɹÊ:

    >>> live-video-feed-bp.html?ref=us
    >>>
    >>> I've been watching the 12 live feeds from the PBS Newshour site for
    >>> weeks. I'm currently watching that cap thing with the fins on it rock
    >>> back and forth over the riser quite substantially. Must have some
    >>> pretty rough seas above. I hope they designed that thing to tolerate
    >>> that much rocking back and forth even though it doesn't seem to be
    >>> collection much of the oil. The rest of the activity is to get a third
    >>> and maybe a forth method and conduit to capture more of that shit.

    >> Many years back I had a 350 gallon salt water aquarium which gave me the
    >> opportunity to become familiar with how fragile an environment the
    >> oceans of the world are. An Ecosystem that will care for its self if
    >> not polluted by man. The water and air on this planet are the only two
    >> things that keep us going and we treat it as if we could run to Wal-Mart
    >> and buy some more when it no longer suits our needs. Commonsense is no
    >> longer part of our society.

    > It's sickening to watch those billions of gallons of crude still spewing
    > like a volcano from underneath that farcical cap they placed. I see this
    > as a long-term ecological and economical catastrophy with global impact.
    > There's just no way you can inundate and overwhelm the Gulf with zillions
    > of gallons of crude oil and all the dispersants and expect anything but a
    > grim outcome.

    Very sad indeed.

    OldGringo38, Jul 6, 2010
  6. OldGringo38

    joevan Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 09:13:56 -0500, OldGringo38
    <> wrote:

    >On 7/6/2010 8:49 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    >following tidbit of information:
    >> On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 08:38:38 -0500, OldGringo38 ??o??:
    >>
    >>> On 7/6/2010 7:04 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    >>> following tidbit of information:

    >>> Many years back I had a 350 gallon salt water aquarium which gave me the
    >>> opportunity to become familiar with how fragile an environment the
    >>> oceans of the world are. An Ecosystem that will care for its self if
    >>> not polluted by man. The water and air on this planet are the only two
    >>> things that keep us going and we treat it as if we could run to Wal-Mart
    >>> and buy some more when it no longer suits our needs. Commonsense is no
    >>> longer part of our society.

    >> It's sickening to watch those billions of gallons of crude still spewing
    >> like a volcano from underneath that farcical cap they placed. I see this
    >> as a long-term ecological and economical catastrophy with global impact.
    >> There's just no way you can inundate and overwhelm the Gulf with zillions
    >> of gallons of crude oil and all the dispersants and expect anything but a
    >> grim outcome.

    >Very sad indeed.

    Those damn dispersants are complicating the problem of retrieving the
    oil.

    joevan, Jul 6, 2010
  7. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 7/6/2010 9:27 AM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 09:13:56 -0500, OldGringo38
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 7/6/2010 8:49 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 08:38:38 -0500, OldGringo38 ??o??:

    >>> It's sickening to watch those billions of gallons of crude still spewing
    >>> like a volcano from underneath that farcical cap they placed. I see this
    >>> as a long-term ecological and economical catastrophy with global impact.
    >>> There's just no way you can inundate and overwhelm the Gulf with zillions
    >>> of gallons of crude oil and all the dispersants and expect anything but a
    >>> grim outcome.

    >> Very sad indeed.

    > Those damn dispersants are complicating the problem of retrieving the
    > oil.

    I believe those depressants would be great in a bathtub after the fat
    lady got out but in the Ocean no way.

    OldGringo38, Jul 6, 2010
  8. OldGringo38

    Respondant Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 08:38:38 -0500, OldGringo38 ??o??:
    >
    >> On 7/6/2010 7:04 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote
    >> the following tidbit of information:
    >>> On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 16:56:16 -0500, OldGringo38 ??o??:

    >>> I've been watching the 12 live feeds from the PBS Newshour site for
    >>> weeks. I'm currently watching that cap thing with the fins on it
    >>> rock back and forth over the riser quite substantially. Must have
    >>> some pretty rough seas above. I hope they designed that thing to
    >>> tolerate that much rocking back and forth even though it doesn't
    >>> seem to be collection much of the oil. The rest of the activity is
    >>> to get a third and maybe a forth method and conduit to capture more
    >>> of that shit.

    >> Many years back I had a 350 gallon salt water aquarium which gave me
    >> the opportunity to become familiar with how fragile an environment
    >> the oceans of the world are. An Ecosystem that will care for its
    >> self if not polluted by man. The water and air on this planet are
    >> the only two things that keep us going and we treat it as if we
    >> could run to Wal-Mart and buy some more when it no longer suits our
    >> needs. Commonsense is no longer part of our society.

    > It's sickening to watch those billions of gallons of crude still
    > spewing like a volcano from underneath that farcical cap they placed.
    > I see this as a long-term ecological and economical catastrophy with
    > global impact. There's just no way you can inundate and overwhelm the
    > Gulf with zillions of gallons of crude oil and all the dispersants
    > and expect anything but a grim outcome.

    What's even more sickening is knowing Obama has done pretty-much nothing
    about it other than waste even more taxpayer money by flying down there 3 or
    4 times to do little more than pose for photo-ops. He's *SUPPOSED* to be
    the most powerful individual in the world, and yet he can get nothing
    significant done about this? My guess is that it'll cost (U.S.) taxpayers
    another 500 billion - Trillion to fix it properly, and since he's already
    spent multiple TRILLIONS in his short time in office, (Unemployment's still
    hovering around 10% BTW) he's afraid to spend anything more. He's too
    stupid to understand that people would actually get BEHIND any effort to
    clean up that mess even if we have to spend more money we (U.S.) don't have.
    He wasted all that time and money getting health care reform passed
    (something the people clearly did NOT want by ALL polls) but has his head up
    his ass on something we ALL want, in stopping the leak and cleaning the
    mess. He's an idiot through and through. And judging by his approval
    rating via the RCP, people are starting to realize it. Finally. He's at
    +/- 0 right now, and I predict he'll sink from there. This guy is the
    biggest disaster of a U.S. President since Carter. What's frightening is
    .... By the time he's gone he may even prove-out to be *worse* than Carter
    <shudders>. THAT's when you'll hear all the liberal conspiracy nut-jobs
    come up with the "theory" that he was "set-up to fail" by the Bush
    administration because he's black. Or some other such nonsense.

    Bill

    Respondant, Jul 6, 2010