    projections and (ideally) the best possible view of a source
    material. They would also be much cheaper than high-grade, large-
    sized TV screens as well as being portable.

    RichA, Sep 7, 2011

  2. RichA

    Obveeus Guest

    "RichA" <> wrote:
    > No, I don't mean frigging 3D goggles. I mean high resolution goggles
    > you can wear, producing something like a 100 inch virtual screen at a
    > distance of 10ft? Sony (in their cameras) now have pretty high
    > resolution EVF (electronic viewfinders) and they could be used in
    > pairs for this purpose. Previous viewing goggles have been low
    > resolution with annoying lag-times thanks to primitive LCD
    > technology. But it would be a good idea, providing isolation from
    > distracting environments around conventional screens or video
    > projections and (ideally) the best possible view of a source
    > material. They would also be much cheaper than high-grade, large-
    > sized TV screens as well as being portable.

    That way, instead of texting, you can watch a movie while driving.

    Obveeus, Sep 7, 2011

  3. RichA

    moviePig Guest

    On Sep 7, 5:45 pm, "Obveeus" <> wrote:
    > "RichA" <> wrote:
    > > No, I don't mean frigging 3D goggles.  I mean high resolution goggles
    > > you can wear, producing something like a 100 inch virtual screen at a
    > > distance of 10ft?  Sony (in their cameras) now have pretty high
    > > resolution EVF (electronic viewfinders) and they could be used in
    > > pairs for this purpose.  Previous viewing goggles have been low
    > > resolution with annoying lag-times thanks to primitive LCD
    > > technology.  But it would be a good idea, providing isolation from
    > > distracting environments around conventional screens or video
    > > projections and (ideally) the best possible view of a source
    > > material.  They would also be much cheaper than high-grade, large-
    > > sized TV screens as well as being portable.

    > That way, instead of texting, you can watch a movie while driving.

    Fwiw, by year end supposedly, you can buy Sony goggles for $800 that
    provide binocular 3d at 720p. (As you might expect, this also
    includes 2d.) And, don't worry about driving, because Geordie used
    them while flying the Enterprise... (albeit, his insurance premium
    was a bitch...)

    --

    - - - - - - - -
    YOUR taste at work...

    moviePig, Sep 7, 2011
  4. RichA

    nick Guest

    On Sep 7, 5:45 pm, "Obveeus" <> wrote:
    > "RichA" <> wrote:
    > > No, I don't mean frigging 3D goggles.  I mean high resolution goggles
    > > you can wear, producing something like a 100 inch virtual screen at a
    > > distance of 10ft?  Sony (in their cameras) now have pretty high
    > > resolution EVF (electronic viewfinders) and they could be used in
    > > pairs for this purpose.  Previous viewing goggles have been low
    > > resolution with annoying lag-times thanks to primitive LCD
    > > technology.  But it would be a good idea, providing isolation from
    > > distracting environments around conventional screens or video
    > > projections and (ideally) the best possible view of a source
    > > material.  They would also be much cheaper than high-grade, large-
    > > sized TV screens as well as being portable.

    > That way, instead of texting, you can watch a movie while driving.

    Rich lives in Toronto. He can wear the HD goggles when he's on the
    bus watching movies on his iPhone.

    nick, Sep 7, 2011
  5. RichA

    Tom Guest

    On Sep 7, 8:05 pm, Rich <> wrote:
    > moviePig <> wrote in news:6469f714-b8e0-4987-a0bf-
    > :

    > goggles

    > >> That way, instead of texting, you can watch a movie while driving.

    > > Fwiw, by year end supposedly, you can buy Sony goggles for $800 that
    > > provide binocular 3d at 720p.  (As you might expect, this also
    > > includes 2d.)  And, don't worry about driving, because Geordie used
    > > them while flying the Enterprise...  (albeit, his insurance premium
    > > was a bitch...)

    > He was the engineer, not the navigator or helmsman.

    He wasn't the engineer until season three. Seasons one and two he was
    the helmsman, idiot.

    Tom

    Tom, Sep 8, 2011
  6. RichA

    Tom Guest

    On Sep 7, 8:04 pm, Rich <> wrote:
    > nick <> wrote in news:3c8998a1-e527-44b1-b4cf-
    > :

    > goggles

    > >> That way, instead of texting, you can watch a movie while driving.

    > > Rich lives in Toronto.  He can wear the HD goggles when he's on the
    > > bus watching movies on his iPhone.

    > 2 Things never to use:  Buses and ANYTHING from Apple.

    You use technology from Apple everyday.

    Tom

    Tom, Sep 8, 2011
  7. RichA

    moviePig Guest

    On Sep 7, 9:15 pm, Tom <> wrote:
    > On Sep 7, 8:05 pm, Rich <> wrote:
    >

    > > moviePig <> wrote in news:6469f714-b8e0-4987-a0bf-
    > > :

    > > goggles

    > > > Fwiw, by year end supposedly, you can buy Sony goggles for $800 that
    > > > provide binocular 3d at 720p.  (As you might expect, this also
    > > > includes 2d.)  And, don't worry about driving, because Geordie used
    > > > them while flying the Enterprise...  (albeit, his insurance premium
    > > > was a bitch...)

    > > He was the engineer, not the navigator or helmsman.

    > He wasn't the engineer until season three. Seasons one and two he was
    > the helmsman, idiot.

    To tell the truth, I'd have made the joke if he were the
    stewardess ...because when I saw the Sony goggles, I thought "LeVar!"

    http://www.wallstreetdaily.com/2011/09/01/sony-new-3d-headset/

    --

    - - - - - - - -
    YOUR taste at work...

    moviePig, Sep 8, 2011
  8. RichA

    Tom Guest

    On Sep 7, 9:57 pm, moviePig <> wrote:
    > On Sep 7, 9:15 pm, Tom <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Sep 7, 8:05 pm, Rich <> wrote:

    > > > moviePig <> wrote in news:6469f714-b8e0-4987-a0bf-
    > > > :

    > > > goggles

    > > > He was the engineer, not the navigator or helmsman.

    > > He wasn't the engineer until season three. Seasons one and two he was
    > > the helmsman, idiot.

    > To tell the truth, I'd have made the joke if he were the
    > stewardess ...because when I saw the Sony goggles, I thought "LeVar!"
    >
    >    http://www.wallstreetdaily.com/2011/09/01/sony-new-3d-headset/
    >
    > --
    >
    > - - - - - - - -
    >   YOUR taste at work...
    >    http://www.moviepig.com

    LeVar!

    It works!

    Those do freakishly resemble his visor...

    Tom

    Tom, Sep 8, 2011
  9. RichA

    Obveeus Guest

    "moviePig" <> wrote:
    >On Sep 7, 9:15 pm, Tom <> wrote:
    >> On Sep 7, 8:05 pm, Rich <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > moviePig <> wrote in news:6469f714-b8e0-4987-a0bf-

    >> > He was the engineer, not the navigator or helmsman.

    >> He wasn't the engineer until season three. Seasons one and two he was
    >> the helmsman, idiot.

    >To tell the truth, I'd have made the joke if he were the
    >stewardess ...because when I saw the Sony goggles, I thought "LeVar!"
    >
    > http://www.wallstreetdaily.com/2011/09/01/sony-new-3d-headset/

    That headset doesn't look much like Geordi's visor to me. Now, if someone
    were to offer up a picture of banana clip hair band:
    http://www.myheadcoverings.com/head-coverings/pc/Pearl-Banana-Clip-58p109.htm
    and compare that to what Geordi wore on his face:
    http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/45443_L/lieutenant-geordi-la-forge-star-trek-the-next-generation.jpg

    Obveeus, Sep 8, 2011
  10. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Sep 7, 9:16 pm, Tom <> wrote:
    > On Sep 7, 8:04 pm, Rich <> wrote:
    >

    > > nick <> wrote in news:3c8998a1-e527-44b1-b4cf-
    > > :

    > > goggles

    > > > Rich lives in Toronto.  He can wear the HD goggles when he's on the
    > > > bus watching movies on his iPhone.

    > > 2 Things never to use:  Buses and ANYTHING from Apple.

    > You use technology from Apple everyday.
    >
    > Tom

    Don't hurt your knees when you worship at their altar. I f----- HATE
    that company and their soon to be dead PHONY ex-CEO.

    http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/mobile/09/07/iphone.5.probe/index.html?hpt=te_bn2

    RichA, Sep 8, 2011
  11. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Sep 7, 5:43 pm, RichA <> wrote:
    > No, I don't mean frigging 3D goggles.  I mean high resolution goggles
    > you can wear, producing something like a 100 inch virtual screen at a
    > distance of 10ft?  Sony (in their cameras) now have pretty high
    > resolution EVF (electronic viewfinders) and they could be used in
    > pairs for this purpose.  Previous viewing goggles have been low
    > resolution with annoying lag-times thanks to primitive LCD
    > technology.  But it would be a good idea, providing isolation from
    > distracting environments around conventional screens or video
    > projections and (ideally) the best possible view of a source
    > material.  They would also be much cheaper than high-grade, large-
    > sized TV screens as well as being portable.

    Info on SONY's new EVF:

    http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/mobile/09/07/iphone.5.probe/index.html?hpt=te_bn2

    RichA, Sep 8, 2011
  12. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Sep 8, 8:21 am, RichA <> wrote:
    > On Sep 7, 5:43 pm, RichA <> wrote:
    >
    > > No, I don't mean frigging 3D goggles.  I mean high resolution goggles
    > > you can wear, producing something like a 100 inch virtual screen at a
    > > distance of 10ft?  Sony (in their cameras) now have pretty high
    > > resolution EVF (electronic viewfinders) and they could be used in
    > > pairs for this purpose.  Previous viewing goggles have been low
    > > resolution with annoying lag-times thanks to primitive LCD
    > > technology.  But it would be a good idea, providing isolation from
    > > distracting environments around conventional screens or video
    > > projections and (ideally) the best possible view of a source
    > > material.  They would also be much cheaper than high-grade, large-
    > > sized TV screens as well as being portable.

    > Info on SONY's new EVF:
    >
    > http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/mobile/09/07/iphone.5.probe/index.html?h...

    Sorry! That was just more Apple Nazi horror.

    http://dpreview.com/news/1109/11090725sonyOLED.asp

    RichA, Sep 8, 2011
  13. On Sep 7, 5:07 pm, Alan Browne <>
    wrote:
    > On 2011-09-07 17:45 , Obveeus wrote:
    >
    > > "RichA"<>  wrote:
    > >> No, I don't mean frigging 3D goggles.  I mean high resolution goggles
    > >> you can wear, producing something like a 100 inch virtual screen at a
    > >> distance of 10ft?  Sony (in their cameras) now have pretty high
    > >> resolution EVF (electronic viewfinders) and they could be used in
    > >> pairs for this purpose.  Previous viewing goggles have been low
    > >> resolution with annoying lag-times thanks to primitive LCD
    > >> technology.  But it would be a good idea, providing isolation from
    > >> distracting environments around conventional screens or video
    > >> projections and (ideally) the best possible view of a source
    > >> material.  They would also be much cheaper than high-grade, large-
    > >> sized TV screens as well as being portable.

    > > That way, instead of texting, you can watch a movie while driving.

    > Better yet - play a racing video game while driving.

    Yes. Overlaid on the streets around him! And with the real
    cars taken into account, so he doesn't hit them (which would
    make the game less fun)!

    David Dyer-Bennet, Sep 8, 2011
  14. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/8/2011 9:48 AM, George Kerby wrote:

    > On 9/8/11 8:36 AM, in article ,
    > "trotsky"<> wrote:

    >>> Don't hurt your knees when you worship at their altar. I f----- HATE
    >>> that company and their soon to be dead PHONY ex-CEO.

    >> Come on, Rich, for variety's sake couldn't you just try to sound the
    >> slightest bit sane?

    > That's like asking if a wild bear shits in the woods...

    Uhm!
    did you really mean what you said?

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Sep 8, 2011
  15. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/8/2011 10:27 AM, Allen wrote:
    > On 9/8/2011 8:31 AM, trotsky wrote:
    >> On 9/7/11 4:43 PM, RichA wrote:
    >>> No, I don't mean frigging 3D goggles. I mean high resolution goggles

    >> Are you sure you don't mean high resolution googles?

    > Perhaps RichA should Goggle Barney google. Just open the Goggle toll barre.
    > Allen

    Perhaps he was talking about
    <http://www.gog.org>

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Sep 8, 2011
  16. RichA

    moviePig Guest

    On Sep 8, 1:17 pm, Anthony Buckland <>
    wrote:
    > On 07/09/2011 2:43 PM, RichA wrote:
    >
    > > No, I don't mean frigging 3D goggles.  I mean high resolution goggles
    > > you can wear, producing something like a 100 inch virtual screen at a
    > > distance of 10ft?  Sony (in their cameras) now have pretty high
    > > resolution EVF (electronic viewfinders) and they could be used in
    > > pairs for this purpose.  Previous viewing goggles have been low
    > > resolution with annoying lag-times thanks to primitive LCD
    > > technology.  But it would be a good idea, providing isolation from
    > > distracting environments around conventional screens or video
    > > projections and (ideally) the best possible view of a source
    > > material.  They would also be much cheaper than high-grade, large-
    > > sized TV screens as well as being portable.

    > While this thread has wandered off into multiple
    > diversions, I googled HD goggles and got multiple
    > opportunities to watch demos of ski goggles that
    > can record a run as a movie -- looked high enough
    > definition to impress me.  And I started to wonder
    > whether people have tried buying a pair, wearing them
    > all day (with sufficient battery power backup)
    > and producing a private version of The Truman Show.
    >
    > _Then_ I went back to the original question about
    > _frigging_ 3D goggles, and thought about making
    > POV movies about one's sexual experiences
    > (preferably those involving at least one partner) ...

    All the longing for these goggles raises the question of whether
    'frigging' is an adjective or a gerund...

    --

    - - - - - - - -
    YOUR taste at work...

    moviePig, Sep 8, 2011
  17. RichA

    RichA Guest

    wrote:
    > On 07/09/2011 2:43 PM, RichA wrote:
    >
    > > No, I don't mean frigging 3D goggles.  I mean high resolution goggles
    > > you can wear, producing something like a 100 inch virtual screen at a
    > > distance of 10ft?  Sony (in their cameras) now have pretty high
    > > resolution EVF (electronic viewfinders) and they could be used in
    > > pairs for this purpose.  Previous viewing goggles have been low
    > > resolution with annoying lag-times thanks to primitive LCD
    > > technology.  But it would be a good idea, providing isolation from
    > > distracting environments around conventional screens or video
    > > projections and (ideally) the best possible view of a source
    > > material.  They would also be much cheaper than high-grade, large-
    > > sized TV screens as well as being portable.

    > While this thread has wandered off into multiple
    > diversions, I googled HD goggles and got multiple
    > opportunities to watch demos of ski goggles that
    > can record a run as a movie --

    Close-up the quality is garbage.

    RichA, Sep 8, 2011
  18. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Sep 8, 9:36 am, trotsky <> wrote:
    > On 9/8/11 7:21 AM, RichA wrote:

    > >> You use technology from Apple everyday.

    > >> Tom

    > > Don't hurt your knees when you worship at their altar.  I f----- HATE
    > > that company and their soon to be dead PHONY ex-CEO.

    > Come on, Rich, for variety's sake couldn't you just try to sound the
    > slightest bit sane?

    As if APPLE users are sane! Check the story on Apple user's
    brainwaves and religious fanatics being the same!!!

    RichA, Sep 8, 2011
  19. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/8/2011 1:26 PM, moviePig wrote:
    > On Sep 8, 1:17 pm, Anthony Buckland<>
    > wrote:
    >> On 07/09/2011 2:43 PM, RichA wrote:
    >>
    >>> No, I don't mean frigging 3D goggles. I mean high resolution goggles
    >>> you can wear, producing something like a 100 inch virtual screen at a
    >>> distance of 10ft? Sony (in their cameras) now have pretty high
    >>> resolution EVF (electronic viewfinders) and they could be used in
    >>> pairs for this purpose. Previous viewing goggles have been low
    >>> resolution with annoying lag-times thanks to primitive LCD
    >>> technology. But it would be a good idea, providing isolation from
    >>> distracting environments around conventional screens or video
    >>> projections and (ideally) the best possible view of a source
    >>> material. They would also be much cheaper than high-grade, large-
    >>> sized TV screens as well as being portable.

    >> While this thread has wandered off into multiple
    >> diversions, I googled HD goggles and got multiple
    >> opportunities to watch demos of ski goggles that
    >> can record a run as a movie -- looked high enough
    >> definition to impress me. And I started to wonder
    >> whether people have tried buying a pair, wearing them
    >> all day (with sufficient battery power backup)
    >> and producing a private version of The Truman Show.
    >>
    >> _Then_ I went back to the original question about
    >> _frigging_ 3D goggles, and thought about making
    >> POV movies about one's sexual experiences
    >> (preferably those involving at least one partner) ...

    > All the longing for these goggles raises the question of whether
    > 'frigging' is an adjective or a gerund...

    frigging in the rigging is a verb.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Sep 8, 2011
  20. RichA

    Bill Steele Guest

    In article
    <>,
    RichA <> wrote:

    > No, I don't mean frigging 3D goggles. I mean high resolution goggles
    > you can wear, producing something like a 100 inch virtual screen at a
    > distance of 10ft? Sony (in their cameras) now have pretty high
    > resolution EVF (electronic viewfinders) and they could be used in
    > pairs for this purpose. Previous viewing goggles have been low
    > resolution with annoying lag-times thanks to primitive LCD
    > technology. But it would be a good idea, providing isolation from
    > distracting environments around conventional screens or video
    > projections and (ideally) the best possible view of a source
    > material. They would also be much cheaper than high-grade, large-
    > sized TV screens as well as being portable.

    Moving your head around while watching a supposedly stable scene might
    produce some serious mental conflicts. Maybe even worse if you're
    watching something like The Office or the Blair Witch Project.

    Bill Steele, Sep 8, 2011