    I still have to complete 70-290 and 70-291. Does anyone know how long I
    have before they are retired?
    Thanks

    T, Dec 17, 2008

  2. T

    John R Guest

    "T" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I still have to complete 70-290 and 70-291. Does anyone know how long I
    >have before they are retired?
    > Thanks

    Since they are related to Server 2003, they will retire when mainstream
    support for Server 2003 retires. I forget exactly how long that will be (if
    it has even been announced yet), but I am sure you have plenty of time.

    John R

    John R, Dec 17, 2008

  3. "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote in message

    > "T" <> wrote in message
    >>I still have to complete 70-290 and 70-291. Does anyone know how long I
    >>have before they are retired?
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > Since they are related to Server 2003, they will retire when mainstream
    > support for Server 2003 retires. I forget exactly how long that will be
    > (if it has even been announced yet), but I am sure you have plenty of
    > time.

    July 13, 2010

    http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=3198

    But that "retire when mainstream support retires" policy is only applicable
    to =MCTS= exams. Since the 70-290 and 70-291 are =MCP= exams, it's not
    exactly known. Historically (until the new MCTS policy), cert exams were
    available for a while past the expiration of mainstream support.

    Mainstream support for SQL Server 2000 expired last April, but the MCDBA SQL
    Server 2000 exams are available until 3/31/2009.

    Visual Studio 2003 mainstream support expired a couple of months ago, but
    the .NET Framework v1.1 exams are available until 3/31/2009.

    But, "at least until July, 2010", would certainly be a valid answer. :)

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Dec 18, 2008
  4. T

    Toso Contoso Guest

    Toso Contoso, Dec 18, 2008
  5. T

    S Guest

    "Toso Contoso" <> wrote in message

    >> July 13, 2010
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=3198
    >>

    > I read somewhere 31 dicember 2010, may be i don't remember the right date.

    Thanks to all who replied, this should be enough time!

    S, Dec 18, 2008
  6. T

    catwalker63 Guest

    "S" <> prattled ceaselessly in

    > "Toso Contoso" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >>> July 13, 2010
    >>>
    >>> http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=3198
    >>>

    >> I read somewhere 31 dicember 2010, may be i don't remember the right
    >> date.
    >>

    > Thanks to all who replied, this should be enough time!

    They usually anounce exam retirement a year in advance.

    --
    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Dec 19, 2008