    should all go to DVD, especially with print aging, but why not in the interim
    copy VHS copies to DVD just to preserve them? Personal use only of course.
    -Rich

    Richard, May 28, 2004

  2. "Richard" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > ...Movies on VHS that have not hit DVD. Stores are ridding themselves
    > of them very fast now. There are more than a few good ones still only
    > on VHS that might become 35mm prints only at some point. Ideally, they
    > should all go to DVD, especially with print aging, but why not in the

    interim
    > copy VHS copies to DVD just to preserve them? Personal use only of

    course.
    > -Rich

    I was thinking about doing that. I have a video capture card (ATI TV Wonder)
    and a DVD+R/RW writer. What else do I need?

    Bootstrap Bill, May 28, 2004

  3. Richard

    Richard C. Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message

    : on VHS that might become 35mm prints only at some point.

    =================
    What does this mean?

    Richard C., May 28, 2004
  4. On Thu, 27 May 2004 17:38:54 -0700, "Richard C." <post-age
    @spamcop.net> wrote:

    >"Richard" <> wrote in message
    >
    >: on VHS that might become 35mm prints only at some point.
    >
    >=================
    >What does this mean?

    I'm guessing he means they may exist as theatrical prints and
    negatives, shown at old film festivals etc, but never again available
    on Home Video. I can thnk of a few films that fit that category.

    .Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), May 28, 2004
  5. Richard

    HellRazor Guest

    "Bootstrap Bill" <> wrote in message

    > "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > > ...Movies on VHS that have not hit DVD. Stores are ridding themselves
    > > of them very fast now. There are more than a few good ones still only
    > > on VHS that might become 35mm prints only at some point. Ideally, they
    > > should all go to DVD, especially with print aging, but why not in the

    > interim
    > > copy VHS copies to DVD just to preserve them? Personal use only of

    > course.
    > > -Rich

    > I was thinking about doing that. I have a video capture card (ATI TV

    Wonder)
    > and a DVD+R/RW writer. What else do I need?

    Software to author the DVD from your captured video. I use Pinnacle Studio
    9.

    HellRazor

    HellRazor, May 28, 2004
  6. Richard

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <40b68933$0$216$>, Richard C.
    < @spamcop.net> wrote:

    > "Richard" <> wrote in message
    >
    > : on VHS that might become 35mm prints only at some point.
    >
    > =================
    > What does this mean?

    I assume he means the only version left is the original print, nothing
    avalible for home viewing in any format once the old tapes wear out.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, May 28, 2004
  7. Richard

    Biz Guest

    "Richard C." <post-age @spamcop.net> wrote in message
    > "Richard" <> wrote in message
    >
    > : on VHS that might become 35mm prints only at some point.
    >
    > =================
    > What does this mean?

    It means you dont know how to quote a message properly....

    "There are more than a few good ones still only
    on VHS that might become 35mm prints only at some point"

    If the VHS goes out of print, and there is no DVD release, meaning chances
    are there is no current way to purchase the movie, then it will only exist
    in the studios vaults on film....

    Biz, May 28, 2004
  8. Richard

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Fri, 28 May 2004 02:14:07 GMT, "HellRazor" <> Gave
    us:

    >"Bootstrap Bill" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Richard" <> wrote in message
    >> > ...Movies on VHS that have not hit DVD. Stores are ridding themselves
    >> > of them very fast now. There are more than a few good ones still only
    >> > on VHS that might become 35mm prints only at some point. Ideally, they
    >> > should all go to DVD, especially with print aging, but why not in the

    >> interim
    >> > copy VHS copies to DVD just to preserve them? Personal use only of

    >> course.
    >> > -Rich

    >> I was thinking about doing that. I have a video capture card (ATI TV

    >Wonder)
    >> and a DVD+R/RW writer. What else do I need?

    >Software to author the DVD from your captured video. I use Pinnacle Studio
    >9.

    You are retarded. There are several packages which would work, you
    pirate **** retard!

    DarkMatter, May 28, 2004
  9. Richard

    HellRazor Guest

    "DarkMatter" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 28 May 2004 02:14:07 GMT, "HellRazor" <> Gave
    > us:
    >

    > >"Bootstrap Bill" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "Richard" <> wrote in message

    themselves

    only

    they
    > >> interim
    > >> course.
    > >>
    > >> I was thinking about doing that. I have a video capture card (ATI TV

    > >Wonder)
    > >> and a DVD+R/RW writer. What else do I need?

    > >Software to author the DVD from your captured video. I use Pinnacle

    Studio
    > >9.

    > You are retarded. There are several packages which would work, you
    > pirate **** retard!

    I never said there wasn't, shithead. And backing up videotapes to DVD for
    your own personal use isn't pirating.

    Do you have anything useful to contribute, or are you just here to post more
    of your typical foul-mouthed troll posts?

    I'll bet it's the latter. And I also bet you will respond to this because
    you won't have the self control to do otherwise. Now...JUMP BOY!

    HellRazor, May 28, 2004
  10. Richard

    Mike Kohary Guest

    HellRazor wrote:
    > "DarkMatter" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    >> On Fri, 28 May 2004 02:14:07 GMT, "HellRazor" <> Gave
    >> us:
    >>

    >>> "Bootstrap Bill" <> wrote in message

    >>> Software to author the DVD from your captured video. I use
    >>> Pinnacle Studio 9.

    >> You are retarded. There are several packages which would work, you
    >> pirate **** retard!

    > I never said there wasn't, shithead. And backing up videotapes to
    > DVD for your own personal use isn't pirating.

    It's not even illegal, not even under the DMCA, so Dork Matter has no leg to
    stand on. At all.

    Mike

    Mike Kohary, May 28, 2004
  11. Richard

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Richard, says...
    > of them very fast now. There are more than a few good ones still only
    > on VHS that might become 35mm prints only at some point. Ideally, they
    > should all go to DVD, especially with print aging,

    What makes you think the studios aren't transfering their features to a
    much better format than DVD for archival purposes? Every movie studio
    has invested heavily in restoring hundreds of old prints and
    transferring them to HD video for future video releases. You may not be
    seeing them on DVD at this time, but that doesn't mean the prints are
    just sitting there being ignored.

    Mark Spatny, Jun 2, 2004