    Any help would be most appreciated
    Thanks
    Nadine
    nadine, Jul 11, 2004

  2. nadine

    Boomer Guest

    "nadine" <> wrote:

    > Hello
    > Having a problem that started several days ago....ebay sent
    > me notice of an auction win...and when I opened it, there was
    > no message....this also happened when contacted with a credit
    > card alert I have Windows XP home edition......and have
    > broadband internet connection Any help would be most appreciated
    > Thanks
    > Nadine

    Hi

    Maybe this?

    http://web.crown.edu/Groupwise_blank_emails.610.0.html

    Or
    Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1DE225C8
    Boomer, Jul 11, 2004

  3. nadine

    Joe Lee Guest

    "nadine" <> wrote in message
    > Hello
    > Having a problem that started several days ago....ebay sent
    > me notice of an auction win...and when I opened it, there was
    > no message....this also happened when contacted with a credit card alert
    > I have Windows XP home edition......and have broadband internet connection
    > Any help would be most appreciated
    > Thanks
    > Nadine

    I suspect it's a problem at eBay's end. I've had similar (saved search
    notices) during the past week. Emails were *completely* blank ie. no headers
    at all, no from, no to, no content etc. On investigation they were from eBay
    & dated 31/12/1899 !!

    If you need the notice for your records I'd contact them & ask them to
    re-send.

    Joe Lee
    Joe Lee, Jul 11, 2004
  4. Joe Lee wrote:

    > "nadine" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello Having a problem that started several days ago....ebay sent me
    >> notice of an auction win...and when I opened it, there was no
    >> message....this also happened when contacted with a credit card alert
    >> I have Windows XP home edition......and have broadband internet
    >> connection Any help would be most appreciated Thanks Nadine

    > I suspect it's a problem at eBay's end. I've had similar (saved search
    > notices) during the past week. Emails were *completely* blank ie. no
    > headers at all, no from, no to, no content etc. On investigation they
    > were from eBay & dated 31/12/1899 !!

    *No* headers -- or just not the limited ones that OE (which I assume
    you're using, but neither of you have seen fit to identify your
    software) shows you by default?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Jul 11, 2004
  5. nadine

    WormWood Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Joe Lee wrote:
    >
    > > "nadine" <> wrote in message
    > >> Hello Having a problem that started several days ago....ebay sent

    me
    > >> notice of an auction win...and when I opened it, there was no
    > >> message....this also happened when contacted with a credit card

    alert
    > >> I have Windows XP home edition......and have broadband internet
    > >> connection Any help would be most appreciated Thanks Nadine

    > > I suspect it's a problem at eBay's end. I've had similar (saved

    search
    > > notices) during the past week. Emails were *completely* blank ie. no
    > > headers at all, no from, no to, no content etc. On investigation

    they
    > > were from eBay & dated 31/12/1899 !!

    > *No* headers -- or just not the limited ones that OE (which I assume
    > you're using, but neither of you have seen fit to identify your
    > software) shows you by default?

    nadine: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2720.3000

    Joe Lee: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2720.3000
    WormWood, Jul 11, 2004
  6. WormWood wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> Joe Lee wrote:

    >> > "nadine" <> wrote in message

    > me

    > alert

    >> > I suspect it's a problem at eBay's end. I've had similar (saved

    > search
    >> > notices) during the past week. Emails were *completely* blank ie. no
    >> > headers at all, no from, no to, no content etc. On investigation

    > they
    >> > were from eBay & dated 31/12/1899 !!

    >> *No* headers -- or just not the limited ones that OE (which I assume
    >> you're using, but neither of you have seen fit to identify your
    >> software) shows you by default?

    > nadine: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2720.3000

    > Joe Lee: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2720.3000

    Yes, they're using them for news posting. That doesn't mean they're
    necessarily using them for email. It's likely, but it would be a good
    thing if people who are looking for help gave some information -- it's
    free, after all, to tell a group things that may be relevant to their
    issues. http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Jul 11, 2004
  7. nadine

    ProfGene Guest

    If you were not bidding for anything on Ebay it might be a scam.

    ProfGene, Jul 11, 2004
  8. nadine

    Joe Lee Guest

    > WormWood wrote:
    >
    > > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    > > me

    > > alert

    > > search

    > > they

    > >> *No* headers -- or just not the limited ones that OE (which I assume
    > >> you're using, but neither of you have seen fit to identify your
    > >> software) shows you by default?

    > > nadine: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2720.3000

    > > Joe Lee: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2720.3000

    > Yes, they're using them for news posting. That doesn't mean they're
    > necessarily using them for email. It's likely, but it would be a good
    > thing if people who are looking for help gave some information -- it's
    > free, after all, to tell a group things that may be relevant to their
    > issues. http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

    That's all fine but then I wasn't asking for help. :)

    Incidentally, I use OE6 for mail & there were *no* headers.
    Joe Lee

    Joe Lee, Jul 11, 2004
  9. nadine

    WormWood Guest

    Comments inline:
    <snip>
    > >> *No* headers -- or just not the limited ones that OE (which I

    assume
    > >> you're using, but neither of you have seen fit to identify your
    > >> software) shows you by default?

    > > nadine: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2720.3000

    > > Joe Lee: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2720.3000

    > Yes, they're using them for news posting. That doesn't mean they're
    > necessarily using them for email.

    That's right...I failed to consider the fact that Outlook, which it was
    assumed they were using, doesn't do news. Thanks for the corrective
    action.

    It's likely, but it would be a good
    > thing if people who are looking for help gave some information -- it's
    > free, after all, to tell a group things that may be relevant to their
    > issues. http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

    Agreed, 100% :^}
    WW
    WormWood, Jul 12, 2004
  10. WormWood wrote:
    > Comments inline:
    ><snip>

    > assume

    >> > nadine: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2720.3000

    >> > Joe Lee: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2720.3000

    >> Yes, they're using them for news posting. That doesn't mean they're
    >> necessarily using them for email.

    > That's right...I failed to consider the fact that Outlook, which it
    > was assumed they were using, doesn't do news. Thanks for the
    > corrective action.

    While that's correct, that's actually not what I was saying. I said
    that because one uses OE for one of those two purposes, it's not certain
    that they use it for the other. I wasn't addressing Outlook, at all --
    any more than those two lines about Microsoft Outlook Express
    6.00.2720.3000 were about Outlook.

    >> It's likely, but it would be a good thing if people who are looking
    >> for help gave some information -- it's free, after all, to tell a
    >> group things that may be relevant to their issues.

    > Agreed, 100% :^} WW

    I exist to serve. :)

    I swim to keep water flowing through my gills.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Jul 12, 2004
  11. nadine wrote:

    > Hello
    > Having a problem that started several days ago....ebay sent
    > me notice of an auction win...and when I opened it, there was
    > no message....this also happened when contacted with a credit card alert
    > I have Windows XP home edition......and have broadband internet connection
    > Any help would be most appreciated
    > Thanks
    > Nadine

    Are you certain these emails came from ebay? With no headers you can't say
    that for sure. Did you subsequently go to ebay and discover that you did in
    fact have an auction win? If you did, then quite likely ebay has a broken
    email system. But if there was no auction win listed on ebay, this sounds
    very much to me like a spammer's phishing attempt that went awry because
    the stupid spammer couldn't figure out how to configure his malware.

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    Gary G. Taylor, Jul 12, 2004