    recieves it, I want them to turn it on and have it go into installation, but
    with the applications and settings I put in. How would one do this? Thanks
    in advance.
    gg pynadnaski, Feb 1, 2004

  2. gg pynadnaski

    Thor Guest

    You need the OEM preinstall kit from Microsoft. This should allow you to set
    up and configure the installation then set the unit up for the end-user
    validation/activation.

    "gg pynadnaski" <> wrote in message
    > When selling a Windows XP computer how would one be able to install some
    > applications and see how it works, without registering it. When the

    customer

    Thor, Feb 1, 2004

  3. I've seen those for as little as $5. Do you also need the OEM CD? How would
    you use the preinstall CD? Thanks.

    gg pynadnaski, Feb 2, 2004
  4. gg pynadnaski

    Thor Guest

    AFAIK, the preinstall kit just allows you to set up the install for later
    completion by the end user. You still need the OEM Windows CD (in fact the
    OEM preinstall kit might be included on the OEM CD). As for how you use the
    preinstall kit, follow the documentation that accompanies it.

    Thor, Feb 2, 2004
  5. How would one use this "preinstall kit" that this Thor guy is mentioning.
    Thanks.

    gg pynadnaski, Feb 6, 2004
  6. gg pynadnaski

    Thor Guest