when opening my e-mails w/attachments ,the jpeg images only open to blank sreeen, not text it is att

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by lindaz, Jun 14, 2005.

  1. lindaz

    lindaz Guest

    lindaz, Jun 14, 2005

  2. lindaz

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "lindaz" <snipped> wrote in message
    news:...

    when opening my e-mails w/attachments ,the jpeg images only open to blank
    sreeen, not text it is attached to, yes, I'm new at this,help!

    Next time, put the QUESTION in the message area, not in the SUBJECT LINE.
    That should be used for a simple phrase like "Can't open attachments".

    As for your problem, you can click on "Tools", "Options", then the security
    tab when the options window opens up. Find the box that says "Do not allow
    attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus". Remove
    the mark from in front of that, and you'll be okay. BUT...make sure your
    ANTI-VIRUS software is up to date.

    And since you've posted to newsgroups using your real email address, you may
    want to read the following info:

    Email Address Munging
    WHY: http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html
    HOW: http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html
    MORE: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq/spam-faq/
    I'd suggest you add a ".invalid" to the end of your new fake email address
    where it's listed in your account settings. In Outlook Express, click on
    Tools, Accounts, then the News Tab. Select your news server, then click on
    Properties. On the General tab, go to the Email address and add the .invalid
    at the end of the address.

    Toolman Tim, Jun 15, 2005