    send an email that never actually gets there.
    There's no way to tell Google this, as they no longer allow posting to
    their Help groups.
    Matty F, Oct 8, 2010

  2. Matty F

    Matty F Guest

    On Oct 9, 11:58 am, Matty F <> wrote:
    > Since 6 October 2010, instead of posting to Usenet, Google attempts to
    > send an email that never actually gets there.
    > There's no way to tell Google this, as they no longer allow posting to
    > their Help groups.

    Ah, it works now. Thanks Google :)
    Matty F, Oct 9, 2010

  3. On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 15:58:05 -0700 (PDT), Matty F
    <> wrote:

    >Since 6 October 2010, instead of posting to Usenet, Google attempts to
    >send an email that never actually gets there.
    >There's no way to tell Google this, as they no longer allow posting to
    >their Help groups.

    Why not use a Real News server
    William Brown, Oct 9, 2010
  4. Matty F

    Matty F Guest

    On Oct 9, 12:48 pm, William Brown <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 15:58:05 -0700 (PDT), Matty F
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >Since 6 October 2010, instead of posting to Usenet, Google attempts to
    > >send an email that never actually gets there.
    > >There's no way to tell Google this, as they no longer allow posting to
    > >their Help groups.

    > Why not use a Real News server

    Because all the ones I have used don't work any more and I'm sick of
    finding new ones. Google usually works OK.
    Matty F, Oct 9, 2010
  5. Matty F

    Donchano Guest

    On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 12:48:23 +1300, William Brown <>
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 15:58:05 -0700 (PDT), Matty F
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Since 6 October 2010, instead of posting to Usenet, Google attempts to
    >>send an email that never actually gets there.
    >>There's no way to tell Google this, as they no longer allow posting to
    >>their Help groups.

    >Why not use a Real News server

    Good question.

    But why would anyone use a web-based POS like Google to post/read
    Usenet in the first place? Unless, of course, they had no other choice
    or don't know the difference.

    --

    Using Google Groups for Usenet is like faxing your emails.
    Donchano, Oct 9, 2010
  6. On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 16:56:56 -0700 (PDT), Matty F
    <> wrote:

    >On Oct 9, 12:48 pm, William Brown <> wrote:
    >> On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 15:58:05 -0700 (PDT), Matty F
    >>
    >> <> wrote:
    >> >Since 6 October 2010, instead of posting to Usenet, Google attempts to
    >> >send an email that never actually gets there.
    >> >There's no way to tell Google this, as they no longer allow posting to
    >> >their Help groups.

    >> Why not use a Real News server

    >Because all the ones I have used don't work any more and I'm sick of
    >finding new ones. Google usually works OK.

    There are plenty that work..
    William Brown, Oct 9, 2010
  7. Matty F

    Matty F Guest

    On Oct 9, 3:29 pm, William Brown <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 16:56:56 -0700 (PDT), Matty F
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >On Oct 9, 12:48 pm, William Brown <> wrote:

    > >> Why not use a Real News server

    > >Because all the ones I have used don't work any more and I'm sick of
    > >finding new ones. Google usually works OK.

    > There are plenty that work..

    But then after a while they stop working.
    Google works most of the time and has features that are important to
    me that Usenet clients don't have. I've posted about them before so I
    won't repeat them.
    Matty F, Oct 9, 2010
  8. On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 19:51:10 -0700 (PDT), Matty F
    <> wrote:

    >On Oct 9, 3:29 pm, William Brown <> wrote:
    >> On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 16:56:56 -0700 (PDT), Matty F
    >>
    >> <> wrote:

    >> >Because all the ones I have used don't work any more and I'm sick of
    >> >finding new ones. Google usually works OK.

    >> There are plenty that work..

    >But then after a while they stop working.
    >Google works most of the time and has features that are important to
    >me that Usenet clients don't have. I've posted about them before so I
    >won't repeat them.

    Seems that you know very little about Usenet as no one in his right mind
    uses Google as the other poster agreed with me..

    Forte Agent will beet any thing that Google has to offer but it seems
    to me you dont like paying for any thing...?
    William Brown, Oct 9, 2010
  9. Matty F

    Matty F Guest

    On Oct 9, 8:17 pm, William Brown <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 19:51:10 -0700 (PDT), Matty F
    >

    > <> wrote:
    > >On Oct 9, 3:29 pm, William Brown <> wrote:

    > >> There are plenty that work..

    > >But then after a while they stop working.
    > >Google works most of the time and has features that are important to
    > >me that Usenet clients don't have. I've posted about them before so I
    > >won't repeat them.

    > Seems that you know very little about Usenet as no one in his right mind
    > uses Google as the other poster agreed with me..
    >
    > Forte Agent will beet any thing that Google has to offer but it seems
    > to me you dont like paying for any thing...?

    I have Agent and Gravity. What I don't have is a news server that I
    can use with those. New ones work for a while then they disappear.
    You are right, I don't like paying for anything.I don't like giving my
    credit card details out to just any shonky trader.
    Matty F, Oct 9, 2010
  10. Matty F

    Rhino Guest

    On Sat, 9 Oct 2010 01:07:10 -0700 (PDT), Matty F
    <> wrote:

    >I have Agent and Gravity. What I don't have is a news server that I
    >can use with those. New ones work for a while then they disappear.
    >You are right, I don't like paying for anything.I don't like giving my
    >credit card details out to just any shonky trader.

    It appears that you have at least two good news clients. Check out
    www.supernews.com

    I have subscribed for a reasonable fee since 1996 and had no problems.
    Their retention of both text and binary posts is very good.
    Rhino, Oct 9, 2010
  11. Matty F

    Matty F Guest

    On Oct 9, 10:37 pm, EMB <> wrote:

    > Matty... go to NZ Post, buy a Prezzy Card, use it to subscribe to a
    > passable Usenet feed. Check my headers for a passable service for a
    > token cost, or blow the budget on a premium service for a real cost.

    Google is working OK now.
    I suspect that Google's rankings for searching the Web are affected by
    a number of factors, including perhaps whether Google is used for
    posting, the links within the post (which are intercepted by Google
    when reading with Google), and the Google ranking of the poster. The
    rest of you will be unaware of all that happening.
    None of that matters in the least except if I am trying to publicise
    something, which should explain why I do the occasional posts that few
    reply to, but which appear as a top search result for a Google search
    of the web.
    Matty F, Oct 9, 2010
  12. Matty F

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <i8pd4s$5b9$>, says...

    > On 9/10/2010 9:07 p.m., Matty F wrote:
    > > On Oct 9, 8:17 pm, William Brown<> wrote:

    > >> Seems that you know very little about Usenet as no one in his right mind
    > >> uses Google as the other poster agreed with me..
    > >>
    > >> Forte Agent will beet any thing that Google has to offer but it seems
    > >> to me you dont like paying for any thing...?

    > > I have Agent and Gravity. What I don't have is a news server that I
    > > can use with those. New ones work for a while then they disappear.
    > > You are right, I don't like paying for anything.I don't like giving my
    > > credit card details out to just any shonky trader.

    > Matty... go to NZ Post, buy a Prezzy Card, use it to subscribe to a
    > passable Usenet feed. Check my headers for a passable service for a
    > token cost, or blow the budget on a premium service for a real cost.

    K - hey why do you think it's (Datemas) much better than say eternal-
    september?

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Oct 9, 2010
  13. On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 22:33:47 +1300, Rhino <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 9 Oct 2010 01:07:10 -0700 (PDT), Matty F
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>I have Agent and Gravity. What I don't have is a news server that I
    >>can use with those. New ones work for a while then they disappear.
    >>You are right, I don't like paying for anything.I don't like giving my
    >>credit card details out to just any shonky trader.

    >It appears that you have at least two good news clients. Check out
    >www.supernews.com
    >
    >I have subscribed for a reasonable fee since 1996 and had no problems.
    >Their retention of both text and binary posts is very good.

    Easynews is far far better as I have used both..
    William Brown, Oct 10, 2010
  14. Matty F

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-10-08, Matty F <> wrote:
    > On Oct 9, 12:48 pm, William Brown <> wrote:
    >> On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 15:58:05 -0700 (PDT), Matty F
    >>
    >> <> wrote:
    >> >Since 6 October 2010, instead of posting to Usenet, Google attempts to
    >> >send an email that never actually gets there.
    >> >There's no way to tell Google this, as they no longer allow posting to
    >> >their Help groups.

    >> Why not use a Real News server

    > Because all the ones I have used don't work any more and I'm sick of
    > finding new ones. Google usually works OK.

    Then STFU.
    Gordon, Oct 10, 2010