    way from XP to Vista, could a teentsy weentsy service pack really be all
    that scary?

    <http://arstechnica.com/journals/microsoft.ars/2008/06/25/performance-and-reliability-update-for-vista-sp1-released>
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jun 26, 2008

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Will Spencer Guest

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 18:36:28 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > could a teentsy weentsy service pack really be all that scary?

    No.

    -ws
    Will Spencer, Jun 26, 2008

  3. In article <>, Will Spencer did
    write:

    > On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 18:36:28 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >
    >> could a teentsy weentsy service pack really be all that scary?

    > No.

    So why do we need a "performance and reliability update" for Visaster users
    who won't install SP1, then?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jun 26, 2008
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Will Spencer Guest

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:11:55 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > In article <>, Will Spencer did
    > write:
    >
    >> On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 18:36:28 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >>
    >>> could a teentsy weentsy service pack really be all that scary?

    >> No.

    > So why do we need a "performance and reliability update" for Visaster users
    > who won't install SP1, then?

    It was already available months before SP1 came out.

    -ws
    Will Spencer, Jun 26, 2008
  5. In article <8jj3n90tpngq$>, Will Spencer did
    write:

    > On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:11:55 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >
    >> In article <>, Will Spencer did
    >> write:

    >>> No.

    >> So why do we need a "performance and reliability update" for Visaster
    >> users who won't install SP1, then?

    > It was already available months before SP1 came out.

    No, it was released two months after SP1
    <http://arstechnica.com/journals/microsoft.ars/2008/05/15/performance-and-reliability-update-for-vista-rtm-released>.

    So the question again: why?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jun 26, 2008
  6. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Cima Guest

    >On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 18:36:28 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    Why do you care, it's not like you'll ever touch it. Unless you're like those
    anti-porn protesters who despise it but can't keep away from it - just to inform
    everyone how "bad" it is of course, nudge nudge....
    Cima, Jun 26, 2008