When I turn on wireless functioning on my wireless router, all wired

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by iridius, Dec 28, 2007.

  1. iridius

    iridius Guest

    When I turn on wireless functioning on my wireless router, all wired
    and wireless disconnect every 30-60 seconds. I have a Linksys WRT54GX2
    (that's the SRX200 one) wireless-G router. I have used it fine for
    about 1 year. Then I started getting disconnecting issues. I reset all
    the router settings to factory defaults. Updated firmware. Redid all
    wiring ends (because at first I had some ends with incorrectly made.
    And turned off wireless functionality. I got the wired network to work
    fine. It has run fine for about a week now. Even with a blackout that
    lasted 15 minutes the network was rebooted without losing
    connectivity.

    I just tried to enable the wireless functioning (in MIXED mode) and
    then the disconnecting started again. I believe that the router is
    simply resetting itself every 30-60 seconds because I see the lights
    all reset. I have network and internet access during those 30-60
    seconds and that it how I re-disabled the wireless functioning, but I
    want to figure out if there is something that commonly causes this
    issue or is it just a hardware problem?

    Thanks in advanced.

    iridius, Dec 28, 2007

  2. This just in from someone who Googled and got to here:

    > When I turn on wireless functioning on my wireless router, all wired
    > and wireless disconnect every 30-60 seconds. I have a Linksys WRT54GX2
    > (that's the SRX200 one) wireless-G router. I have used it fine for
    > about 1 year. Then I started getting disconnecting issues. I reset all
    > the router settings to factory defaults. Updated firmware. Redid all
    > wiring ends (because at first I had some ends with incorrectly made.
    > And turned off wireless functionality. I got the wired network to work
    > fine. It has run fine for about a week now. Even with a blackout that
    > lasted 15 minutes the network was rebooted without losing
    > connectivity.
    >
    > I just tried to enable the wireless functioning (in MIXED mode) and
    > then the disconnecting started again. I believe that the router is
    > simply resetting itself every 30-60 seconds because I see the lights
    > all reset. I have network and internet access during those 30-60
    > seconds and that it how I re-disabled the wireless functioning, but I
    > want to figure out if there is something that commonly causes this
    > issue or is it just a hardware problem?
    >
    > Thanks in advanced.

    Google sees all; Google knows all :

    Linksys 24/7 Support USA : (800) 326-7114

    http://forums.linksys.com/?lid=5098391276B03

    --

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/3c4s25

    Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season!

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 28, 2007

  3. iridius

    larya Guest

    Re: When I turn on wireless functioning on my wireless router, allwired

    On Dec 28, 2:10 am, iridius <> wrote:
    > When I turn on wireless functioning on my wireless router, all wired
    > and wireless disconnect every 30-60 seconds. I have a Linksys WRT54GX2
    > (that's the SRX200 one) wireless-G router. I have used it fine for
    > about 1 year. Then I started getting disconnecting issues. I reset all
    > the router settings to factory defaults. Updated firmware. Redid all
    > wiring ends (because at first I had some ends with incorrectly made.
    > And turned off wireless functionality. I got the wired network to work
    > fine. It has run fine for about a week now. Even with a blackout that
    > lasted 15 minutes the network was rebooted without losing
    > connectivity.
    >
    > I just tried to enable the wireless functioning (in MIXED mode) and
    > then the disconnecting started again. I believe that the router is
    > simply resetting itself every 30-60 seconds because I see the lights
    > all reset. I have network and internet access during those 30-60
    > seconds and that it how I re-disabled the wireless functioning, but I
    > want to figure out if there is something that commonly causes this
    > issue or is it just a hardware problem?
    >
    > Thanks in advanced.

    Greetings...
    I don't knnow if this is a solution but it worked for me....
    I found that when the power to my computer equipment dropped... I
    eventually discovered that I had to turn on my modem and my router in
    a specific sequence... Modem first, and let it settle down, then
    router and let it settle down.. The n I returned on my outlook express
    and it worked....
    Larry

    larya, Dec 28, 2007
  4. iridius

    iridius Guest

    Re: When I turn on wireless functioning on my wireless router, allwired

    Could you please tell me how to go to the link you posted, when I
    click on it I just get an error message. The link to google group
    news?

    iridius, Dec 28, 2007
  5. iridius

    iridius Guest

    On Dec 28, 12:53 pm, larya <> wrote:
    > On Dec 28, 2:10 am, iridius <> wrote:
    >

    > > When I turn on wireless functioning on my wireless router, all wired
    > > and wireless disconnect every 30-60 seconds. I have a Linksys WRT54GX2
    > > (that's the SRX200 one) wireless-G router.  I have used it fine for
    > > about 1 year. Then I started getting disconnecting issues. I reset all
    > > the router settings to factory defaults. Updated firmware. Redid all
    > > wiring ends (because at first I had some ends with incorrectly made.
    > > And turned off wireless functionality. I got the wired network to work
    > > fine. It has run fine for about a week now. Even with a blackout that
    > > lasted 15 minutes the network was rebooted without losing
    > > connectivity.

    > > I just tried to enable the wireless functioning (in MIXED mode) and
    > > then the disconnecting started again. I believe that the router is
    > > simply resetting itself every 30-60 seconds because I see the lights
    > > all reset.  I have network and internet access during those 30-60
    > > seconds and that it how I re-disabled the wireless functioning, but I
    > > want to figure out if there is something that commonly causes this
    > > issue or is it just a hardware problem?

    > > Thanks in advanced.

    > Greetings...
    > I don't knnow if this is a solution but it worked for me....
    > I found that when the power to my computer equipment dropped...  I
    > eventually discovered that I had to turn on my modem and my router in
    > a specific sequence... Modem first, and let it settle down, then
    > router and let it settle down.. The n I returned on my outlook express
    > and it worked....
    > Larry- Hide quoted text -

    Larry,
    I have tried this and it does not fix the problem. I have to do this
    modem then router sequence to get the wired LAN working even when the
    wireless is off, but it doesn't fix the constant disconnecting I get
    when the wireless is put on.

    iridius, Dec 28, 2007