When I save a bookmark it takes up to 1 minute

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Marko711, Apr 2, 2005.

  1. Marko711

    Marko711 Guest

    Marko711, Apr 2, 2005

  2. Marko711

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 14:45:14 -0500, Marko711
    <> wrote:

    >The hour glass appears and I need to wait until it's done. This is if I
    >save within a folder. I have a 3 GHz machine with 1 gig of ram. I have
    >reinstalled windows and it happens within a day again. Any ideas?

    What version of Windows?
    What browser? What version?

    Evan Platt, Apr 2, 2005

  3. Marko711

    Marko711 Guest

    Marko711, Apr 3, 2005
  4. Marko711 wrote:

    > The hour glass appears and I need to wait until it's done. This is if I
    > save within a folder. I have a 3 GHz machine with 1 gig of ram. I have
    > reinstalled windows and it happens within a day again. Any ideas?

    You prpbably have a folder with 10 000 files inside, and touching that makes
    your on-access virus scanner spin around for a while.
    Clean up, it's spring :).

    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.11-mm4[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

    Walter Mautner, Apr 3, 2005
  5. Marko711

    Marko711 Guest

    Marko711, Apr 4, 2005