When I open Internet Explorer, along with my home page a pop page pops up, I have changed home page

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Phil, Mar 2, 2004.

  1. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Get a Popup stopper.

    Phil

    cteq, Mar 2, 2004

  3. Phil

    Brian H¹© Guest

    cteq said:

    > the webpage is xadia or something like that and then changes to diff
    > page everytime I open.
    >
    > Ad Aware hasnt found anything.
    >
    > Can anyone help stop this?
    >
    > TIA

    How come you put half your comments in the subject and the rest in the message
    area?

    Brian H¹©, Mar 2, 2004
  4. Phil

    cteq Guest

    Got Zone pro to do that, but it still pops....

    cteq, Mar 3, 2004
  5. Phil

    °Mike° Guest

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
    http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html

    If merijn.org is out of action, you can get new update
    from one of the links below:
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?H24932667
    http://www.zerosrealm.com/downloads/CWShredder.zip
    http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/cwshred15.zip
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads/tools/CWShredder.exe

    If none of the above help, install HijackThis and post
    the *full* contents of your log here.

    HijackThis
    http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/

    On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 23:07:04 +0000, in
    <>
    cteq scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Mar 3, 2004
  6. Phil

    Phil Guest

    It quite possible that can be some popin ads or fly in ad. I'm not sure Zone
    pro does block those. However, other program might. I would make a search.

    Phil

    Phil, Mar 3, 2004
  7. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Then those popup window can be popin windows or fly in Ad. I'm not sure if
    Zone pro prevent those from showing. Other programs might. I would make a
    search.

    Phil

    Phil, Mar 3, 2004
  8. Re: When I open Internet Explorer, along with my home page a poppage pops up, I have changed home page but that doesnt work

    Phil wrote:

    > It quite possible that can be some popin ads or fly in ad. I'm not sure Zone
    > pro does block those. However, other program might. I would make a search.
    >
    > Phil
    >
    > "cteq" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Got Zone pro to do that, but it still pops....
    >>

    >>On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 17:43:53 -0500, "Phil" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Get a Popup stopper.
    >>>
    >>>Phil
    >>>
    >>>"cteq" <> wrote in message

    Is Window's Messenger service disabled? (Not to be confused with
    Window's Messenger IM program)

    Wyatt M. Portendt, Mar 4, 2004