    i completed my mcsd.net exams on 26 sept,any idea when it
    will expire???
    thanks in advance

    Amrita, Jan 13, 2004

  2. Amrita

    Jay Walters Guest

    Come on --- you're giving us a bad name here. You're an
    MCSD and you don't even know how the program works?

    You're certification never expires - you will always be
    certified on .NET 1.x - However my guess is: Microsoft
    will probably create a new certification (or upgrade
    exam) for .NET 2.0

    Jay Walters, Jan 13, 2004

  3. Hi

    I don't think that Microsoft will create a new version of the MCSD for Visual Studio .NET 2.0 . I attended yesterday a meeting sponsored by Microsoft where I learned about the changes in C# language and in .NET Framework for Visual Studio version 2.0( the beta version was released to the MVP's in Spring of 2003). The changes are not so many and not so importantant. So , I believe that MCSD.NET will still work with the version 2.0 of the Visual Studio.

    I think that we'll have three or four years of good run with our MCSD'

    Chip MCSD,MCSD.NET, MCAD

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2hpcA==?=, Jan 13, 2004
  4. Amrita

    Guest Guest

    I agree.

    I think the exams will be updated though.

    Guest, Jan 13, 2004
  5. Amrita

    Jay Walters Guest

    Actually, now that I think about it a little more... Chip
    might be right..

    I've been working with a recent Whidbey build with the
    Longhorn SDK installed (and that wasn't given out to
    MVPs :p) - so I was thinking about the Avalon apps,
    Indigo, and WinFS which are pretty ground breaking.

    But the Whidbey release by itself (which includes some
    nice things) won't be that drastic (like .NET 1.0 was to
    ASP 3.0)..

    So we might luck out...

    message

    Jay Walters, Jan 14, 2004