    call.

    I am right to think I shouldn't be charged?

    Malcolm
    Malcolm Loades, May 21, 2007

  2. Malcolm Loades

    andy Guest

    On May 21, 4:44 pm, Malcolm Loades <> wrote:
    > I'm using sipdiscount.com for calls to Zimbabwe mobiles and I've just
    > noticed that every time I dial a mobile there I'm being charged from the
    > moment it starts ringing! If the call is not answered it does not go to
    > voicemail (that would be a connected call), I simply hang up with it
    > still ringing if I don't get an answer in a reasonable time. And each
    > time I'm billed for the ringing time!
    >
    > I've emailed sipdiscount and they haven't replied :-( I can find
    > nothing on their website to say when they will start charging for a
    > call.
    >
    > I am right to think I shouldn't be charged?
    >
    > Malcolm

    It will be something to do with detecting settings on the receiving
    network and how these are shown back at your end, which I don't know
    anything about

    I've experimented recently with using JustVoip or Voipcheap to call
    numbers that have been forwarded once or twice. Sometimes the charge
    starts on the first forward, sometimes when the destination number
    eventually rings, sometimes only if it is answered (this seems to
    depend on the first number, not just at random)
    andy, May 23, 2007