    BoomerMingle.com to me..., but I think online dating is only belong
    to the young. How do you think of this?
    , Feb 27, 2008

  2. TJ Guest

    wrote:

    > I am a widow woman, 53 years old , My friends suggest me look for my
    > spouse by Internet to throw off the sense of lonely,

    Looking for anybody (let alone a spouse) via the Internet is the very
    definition of "lonely".

    > they recomment
    > BoomerMingle.com to me..., but I think online dating is only belong
    > to the young. How do you think of this?

    The best way I know to meet new people, is to go grocery shopping.
    TJ, Feb 27, 2008

  3. olfart Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I am a widow woman, 53 years old , My friends suggest me look for my
    > spouse by Internet to throw off the sense of lonely, they recomment
    > BoomerMingle.com to me..., but I think online dating is only belong
    > to the young. How do you think of this?

    are you HOT??? then.....
    give me a shout
    olfart, Feb 27, 2008
  4. Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 10:44:15 -0800, wrote:

    > I am a widow woman, 53 years old , My friends suggest me look for my
    > spouse by Internet to throw off the sense of lonely, they recomment
    > BoomerMingle.com to me..., but I think online dating is only belong
    > to the young. How do you think of this?

    What you look like? You love me long time?

    221.10.120.166
    Meat Plow, Feb 27, 2008
  5. Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:
    > I am a widow woman, 53 years old ,

    I suggest you stop thinking of yourself as a 'widow woman' and start
    thinking of yourself as simply a woman and I further suggest you stop
    thinking of yourself as a 53 year old woman and start thinking of
    yourself as (simply) a woman.

    > My friends suggest me look for my
    > spouse by Internet to throw off the sense of lonely,

    I suggest you stop looking for a spouse and start some real-life
    activities which cause you to encounter people with whom you can be
    friends, male and female. The internet is not really a good place to
    make what some people call 'meatspace' friends, flesh and blood
    friends -- the internet is where you make cyberfriends. Cyberfriends
    are good/interesting, but meatspace friends are meatspace friends.

    > they recomment
    > BoomerMingle.com to me..., but I think online dating is only belong
    > to the young. How do you think of this?

    I think you are going to run into a lot strange things on the internet,
    and you would be better to engage in wholesome activities in meatspace
    instead of some of the kinds of activities you are going to encounter in
    cyberspace.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Feb 27, 2008
  6. SJP Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I am a widow woman, 53 years old , My friends suggest me look for my
    > spouse by Internet to throw off the sense of lonely, they recomment
    > BunnmerMingle.com to me..., but I think online dating is only belong
    > to the young. How do you think of this?

    I would suggest you are a spammer
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=&btnG=Google Search&meta=
    SJP, Feb 27, 2008
  7. catchme Guest

    wrote:
    > I am a widow woman, 53 years old , My friends suggest me look for my
    > spouse by Internet to throw off the sense of lonely, they recomment
    > BoomerMingle.com to me..., but I think online dating is only belong
    > to the young. How do you think of this?

    ive tried internet dating, and i hated it.
    best thing for you is think back to all the fun things you have done,
    and/or want to do, and do it.
    if you happen across an empty deuce at a coffee shop, take it (esp. if
    near a window)...maybe you will meet someone?
    its not so much that internet dating you meet a lot of phonies (there
    are)- theres just a strange feeling that you think you know someone by
    the content of the text messages etc. you sent...and then meeting that
    person in the flesh, and theres a wierd feeling that you didnt imagine
    that person quite like this...
    some things are best done the old fashioned way.
    That said, however, do a search on your local area- there may be a club
    or activity group having meetings, get-togethers, that interest you.
    catchme, Feb 27, 2008
  8. Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 10:44:15 -0800 (PST), ""
    <> wrote:

    >I am a widow woman, 53 years old , My friends suggest me look for my
    >spouse by Internet to throw off the sense of lonely, they recomment
    >BoomerMingle.com to me..., but I think online dating is only belong
    >to the young. How do you think of this?

    That's funny. On alt.battlestar-gallactica, just a week ago, you were
    a 44 year old single man, never married.

    So, either you're lying, or in a week, you had a sex change operation,
    got married, and then had your husband die. That would just really
    suck.
    Evan Platt, Feb 27, 2008
  9. sandy58 Guest

    Heh joo! For why joo kick my dog an' call 'im **** Off??
    sandy58, Feb 27, 2008
  10. Guest

    "TJ" <> wrote:

    >> I am a widow woman, 53 years old , My friends suggest me look for my
    >> spouse by Internet to throw off the sense of lonely,

    >Looking for anybody (let alone a spouse) via the Internet is the very
    >definition of "lonely".

    I ran a local Chat BBS, everybody was looking for someone for one
    reason or the other.

    The bulk of my users were in their teens to middle 20's, we would have
    coffee's, card games, picnics just get togethers.

    Online people were just looking for something to do, I gave it to them
    by setting up those events.

    Two weddings, one international (girl from my area and a hacker from
    Britain) and my son were a result of being online.
    --

    Fox hunt
    http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/foto/4fdf85df_Voxhunter.jpg