    ____________________________
    Old enough . . .
    to know I don't know a thing.
    Old Enough, Feb 18, 2007

  2. Old Enough

    Frank Guest

    Old Enough wrote:
    > The church I used to belong to has recently "overhauled" its web site.
    > www.ccrc.on.ca

    Everything seems ok here on FF 2.0.0.1 ...
    Frank, Feb 18, 2007

  3. Old Enough

    Frank Guest

    Frank wrote:
    > Old Enough wrote:
    >> The church I used to belong to has recently "overhauled" its web site.
    >> www.ccrc.on.ca

    > Everything seems ok here on FF 2.0.0.1 ...

    Correction - everything except the blue pull down menu thing on the LHS,
    that doesn't function.
    Frank, Feb 18, 2007
  4. Old Enough

    Guest

    On Feb 17, 5:50 pm, Old Enough <> wrote:
    > The church I used to belong to has recently "overhauled" its web site.www.ccrc.on.ca
    >
    > Using Firefox, many of the functions appear to be disabled, and the site can
    > hardly be read.
    > Using MS IE, this problem is not apparent.
    >
    > In asking the following question, I'm making an assumption (not always a smart
    > thing to do, I admit):
    >
    > What is wrong with the construction of that site that Firefox does not render it
    > well?
    >
    > Thanks!

    the site has been designed with the devil browser [IE] in mind and
    nothing else.
    , Feb 18, 2007
  5. Old Enough

    Old Enough Guest

    On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 15:04:11 +1300, Frank <> wrote:

    >Frank wrote:
    >> Old Enough wrote:
    >>> The church I used to belong to has recently "overhauled" its web site.
    >>> www.ccrc.on.ca

    >> Everything seems ok here on FF 2.0.0.1 ...

    >Correction - everything except the blue pull down menu thing on the LHS,
    >that doesn't function.

    Frank, I also use FF 2.0.0.1 - your reply would seem to indicate that you did
    not compare how the site is rendered by Firefox against how it is rendered by
    MS-IE.
    Am I correct?

    Looking at it with Firefox the whole graphic accross the top is missing, and
    only the bottom millimeter of the sub-menu (when hoovering over the arrows in
    the main menu) shows at the very top.

    Can anyone help me with what to suggest to the "designer" to correct the
    problem, other than "the site has been designed with the devil browser [IE] in
    mind and nothing else."?

    Thanks!
    ____________________________
    Old enough . . .
    to know I don't know a thing.
    Old Enough, Feb 18, 2007
  6. Old Enough

    Guest

    On Feb 17, 6:57 pm, Old Enough <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 15:04:11 +1300, Frank <> wrote:
    > >Frank wrote:

    > >> Everything seems ok here on FF 2.0.0.1 ...

    > >Correction - everything except the blue pull down menu thing on the LHS,
    > >that doesn't function.

    > Frank, I also use FF 2.0.0.1 - your reply would seem to indicate that you did
    > not compare how the site is rendered by Firefox against how it is rendered by
    > MS-IE.
    > Am I correct?
    >
    > Looking at it with Firefox the whole graphic accross the top is missing, and
    > only the bottom millimeter of the sub-menu (when hoovering over the arrows in
    > the main menu) shows at the very top.
    >
    > Can anyone help me with what to suggest to the "designer" to correct the
    > problem, other than "the site has been designed with the devil browser [IE] in
    > mind and nothing else."?
    >
    > Thanks!

    for starters, you can click on Help, then "Report Broken Website".
    This will take you to the Moz Tech-Evangelism poeple:
    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/tech-evangelism/ where you can learn
    all about them.

    Let them work with the website owners.
    , Feb 18, 2007
  7. Old Enough

    TheCroW Guest

    > The church I used to belong to has recently "overhauled" its web site.
    > www.ccrc.on.ca
    >
    > Using Firefox, many of the functions appear to be disabled, and the site
    > can
    > hardly be read.
    > Using MS IE, this problem is not apparent.
    >
    > In asking the following question, I'm making an assumption (not always a
    > smart
    > thing to do, I admit):
    >
    > What is wrong with the construction of that site that Firefox does not
    > render it
    > well?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > ____________________________
    > Old enough . . .
    > to know I don't know a thing.

    Like Peter.Potamus.and.so.on wrote: it's IE based. The maker of the site
    clearly did not check with other browers or did a poor job on that check.

    --
    Menno
    =====================
    TheCroW, Feb 18, 2007
  8. Old Enough

    Tony Raven Guest

    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.ccrc.on.ca/

    --
    Tony

    "...has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least
    wildly inaccurate..."
    Douglas Adams; The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    Tony Raven, Feb 18, 2007
  9. Old Enough

    Frank Guest

    > for starters, you can click on Help, then "Report Broken Website".
    > This will take you to the Moz Tech-Evangelism poeple:
    > http://www.mozilla.org/projects/tech-evangelism/ where you can learn
    > all about them.
    >
    > Let them work with the website owners.

    The Lord works in mysterious HTML.
    Frank, Feb 18, 2007
  10. Old Enough

    Makhno Guest

    Old Enough wrote:
    > The church I used to belong to has recently "overhauled" its web site.
    > www.ccrc.on.ca
    >
    > Using Firefox, many of the functions appear to be disabled, and the site can
    > hardly be read.

    One option is to change your religion. Just how important is Firefox to you?
    Makhno, Feb 18, 2007
  11. Old Enough

    Old Enough Guest

    On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 20:50:51 -0500, Old Enough <> wrote:

    >The church I used to belong to has recently "overhauled" its web site.

    Thanks for all the suggestions given. Most were very helpful!

    On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 12:44:54 +0000, Makhno <root@127.0.0.1> wrote:

    >Old Enough wrote:
    >
    >One option is to change your religion. Just how important is Firefox to you?

    You mean change from Firefox to MS-IE?

    NO WAY ! ! !
    Old enough . . .
    to know I don't know a thing.