    I've tried system restore....... no good

    Any ideas please?

    Jess
    Jess, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Jess

    Jerry G. Guest

    What operating system are you using?

    If you are using XP or 2000 the system restore utility may be active.
    Also, if you have a backup of the registry, this is a plus. You may be
    able to go back using the system restore. Beyond this, you will have to
    troubleshoot your system the hard way.

    Good article about System restore, including instructions.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/getstarted/ballew_03may19.mspx

    How to restore XP to previous state.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/support/restore.mspx

    http://www.theeldergeek.com/system_restore.htm

    --

    When I make installations of anything, or changes, I prefer to copy the
    system it in to a backup.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    "Jess" <> wrote in message
    Hi,

    Just made the mistake of downloading a screensaver from tucows, a
    Simpson's
    one, wasn't that keen on it so used it's uninstall feature, big
    mistake!!
    f**ked a few things up!got most things working again apart from windows
    media player which disappeared. It still shows in windows components and
    when I try downloading media player 10 from updates page it downloads ok
    but
    when installed tells me my windows isn't compatible! although it was
    loaded
    on it before the "troubles"

    Jerry G., Oct 23, 2004