Whats wrong with this site?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bhaiyyah, Feb 21, 2007.

  1. Bhaiyyah

    Bhaiyyah Guest

    Bhaiyyah, Feb 21, 2007

  2. Bhaiyyah

    BRAK!!! Guest

    Oh boy! I love sleepin'.
    I wish I could wake up so I can go back to sleep!

    BRAK!!!, Feb 21, 2007

  3. Bhaiyyah

    why? Guest

    On 21 Feb 2007 08:39:06 -0800, Bhaiyyah wrote:

    >Can any one checked what's wrong with this web site? It looks like
    >sleeping?
    >http://www.shiachat.com/forum/

    As in after 5 minutes, can't fetch the page

    02/21/07 17:33:35 Browsing http://www.shiachat.com/forum/
    Fetching http://www.shiachat.com/forum/ ...
    GET /forum/ HTTP/1.1
    Host: www.shiachat.com
    Connection: close

    It's a government coverup of course, must be.

    ShiaChat.com Discussion Forum
    Islamic Shia discussion forum with live chatroom to discuss Islamic
    laws, politics, marriage and social issues along with religious debates
    and offtopic ...
    www.shiachat.com/ - 59k - Cached - Similar pages

    Then again, another 5 minutes, roughly, The here is this message

    Socket Error

    The end of a trace to the site, finds the server.

    14 82.165.235.132 97ms 117ms 103ms TTL: 53
    (u15181422.onlinehome-server.com ok)

    Maybe it's simply the webserver software failed and needs rebooted.

    Me

    why?, Feb 21, 2007
  4. Bhaiyyah

    Mike Easter Guest

    Bhaiyyah wrote:
    > Can any one checked what's wrong with this web site? It looks like
    > sleeping?
    > http://www.shiachat.com/forum/

    The www.shiachat.com resolves to 80.48.253.226 and there's a port 80
    open there, but the webserver doesn't answer.

    When it is up, it is a platform/forum [Powered By IP.Board] to discuss
    various issues with the Shia community and the forum looks like this
    http://snipurl.com/1awa7

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Feb 21, 2007
  5. Bhaiyyah

    Bhaiyyah Guest

    How did u get all this data as the site is till down.

    Bhaiyyah, Feb 21, 2007
  6. Bhaiyyah

    Mike Easter Guest

    You can googleup a cache from Feb 18. http://snipurl.com/1awa7

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Feb 21, 2007
  7. Bhaiyyah

    why? Guest

    On 21 Feb 2007 10:05:15 -0800, Bhaiyyah wrote:

    >How did u get all this data as the site is till down.
    >
    >On 21 Feb, 20:39, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    >> On 21 Feb 2007 08:39:06 -0800, Bhaiyyah wrote:
    >>
    >> >Can any one checked what's wrong with this web site? It looks like
    >> >sleeping?
    >> >http://www.shiachat.com/forum/

    >> As in after 5 minutes, can't fetch the page
    >>
    >> 02/21/07 17:33:35 Browsinghttp://www.shiachat.com/forum/
    >> Fetchinghttp://www.shiachat.com/forum/...
    >> GET /forum/ HTTP/1.1
    >> Host:www.shiachat.com
    >> Connection: close

    There are a number of utilities that fetech a webpage in the raw format,
    i.e. the conversation between the PC and server, and the webpage code.
    It's what a web browser does to show you the nice formatted view.

    The app that I used is called Sam Spade , http://samspade.org/ssw/
    although it's not available from there just now, there is a msg on thier
    site about disk / server problems. It's freeware and available for lots
    of good download sites.

    <snip>

    There is also WFetch from Microsoft,
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284285
    as well as wget for Unix and Windows.

    Was from www.google.com

    >> Then again, another 5 minutes, roughly, The here is this message

    .... left Sam Spade still running to see what happened.

    >> Socket Error

    The next bit was the traceroute option in Sam Spade, it shows it found
    the server IP address and name.

    why?, Feb 21, 2007
  8. Bhaiyyah

    why? Guest

    On 21 Feb 2007 10:05:15 -0800, Bhaiyyah wrote:

    >How did u get all this data as the site is till down.

    The site may have been, but the server wasn't neither was my ISPs DNS to
    resolve the name and www.google.com was working.

    >On 21 Feb, 20:39, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    >> On 21 Feb 2007 08:39:06 -0800, Bhaiyyah wrote:
    >>
    >> >Can any one checked what's wrong with this web site? It looks like
    >> >sleeping?
    >> >http://www.shiachat.com/forum/

    >> As in after 5 minutes, can't fetch the page
    >>
    >> 02/21/07 17:33:35 Browsinghttp://www.shiachat.com/forum/
    >> Fetchinghttp://www.shiachat.com/forum/...
    >> GET /forum/ HTTP/1.1
    >> Host:www.shiachat.com
    >> Connection: close

    <snip>

    Now the forum is working again, the Sam Spade page fetch looks like

    02/21/07 22:25:49 Browsing http://www.shiachat.com/forum/
    Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 22:25:49 GMT
    Server: Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS)
    1e8f9
    <head>
    charset=Windows-1256" /> <!--UTF-8-->
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" />
    <title>ShiaChat.com </title>

    [removed 5000 other lines]

    If viewing that in a browsr, the bits you would see are the address bar
    favicon and browser windows title.

    why?, Feb 21, 2007
  9. Bhaiyyah

    Mara Guest

    On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 22:31:27 GMT, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz>
    wrote:

    >On 21 Feb 2007 10:05:15 -0800, Bhaiyyah wrote:
    >
    >>How did u get all this data as the site is till down.

    >The site may have been, but the server wasn't neither was my ISPs DNS to
    >resolve the name and www.google.com was working.

    Failed validation, 29 errors.

    <snip>

    --
    Can you SysAdmins tell me what might go on in a typical day?
    Hours of endless frustration punctuated by moments of sheer terror.

    Mara, Feb 21, 2007
  10. Bhaiyyah

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:33:14 -0600, Mara wrote:

    >On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 22:31:27 GMT, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>On 21 Feb 2007 10:05:15 -0800, Bhaiyyah wrote:
    >>
    >>>How did u get all this data as the site is till down.

    >>The site may have been, but the server wasn't neither was my ISPs DNS to
    >>resolve the name and www.google.com was working.

    >Failed validation, 29 errors.

    Yea, it's better than most. Saw my 1st Sharepoint site, user said 10 min
    work to get 95% of content up. But the code is really bad.

    ><snip>

    Me

    why?, Feb 22, 2007
  11. Bhaiyyah

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 17:20:15 GMT, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:33:14 -0600, Mara wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 22:31:27 GMT, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz>
    >>wrote:

    >>>The site may have been, but the server wasn't neither was my ISPs DNS to
    >>>resolve the name and www.google.com was working.

    >>Failed validation, 29 errors.

    >Yea, it's better than most. Saw my 1st Sharepoint site, user said 10 min
    >work to get 95% of content up. But the code is really bad.

    Yeeaugh. [{<T*<C=doofus}]

    Some time when you have some free time, I'd like to have a wireless discussion?

    Mara, Feb 22, 2007
  12. Bhaiyyah

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:34:00 -0600, Mara wrote:

    >On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 17:20:15 GMT, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:33:14 -0600, Mara wrote:

    <snip, hey all the content is gone nothing makes sense anymore>

    >Some time when you have some free time, I'd like to have a wireless discussion?

    Previous email still valid, just sent msg to you.

    Me

    why?, Feb 22, 2007
  13. Bhaiyyah

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:09:03 GMT, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:34:00 -0600, Mara wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 17:20:15 GMT, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz>
    >>wrote:

    ><snip, hey all the content is gone nothing makes sense anymore>

    Net Demon is your friend. :) Among validators and other things. I had a look at
    the code on the site - looks like a Muslim get-together to me.

    >>Some time when you have some free time, I'd like to have a wireless discussion?

    >Previous email still valid, just sent msg to you.

    Done.

    Mara, Feb 22, 2007
  14. Bhaiyyah

    Bhaiyyah Guest

    The Site is still down showing now IPS Driver Error. What can we do
    to restore it?
    Here is Source Info:

    style></head><body>
    an error with the database.</b><br>
    You can try to refresh the page by clicking <a
    href="javascript:window.location=window.location;">here</a>

    Bhaiyyah, Feb 23, 2007
  15. Bhaiyyah

    why? Guest

    On 23 Feb 2007 12:48:09 -0800, Bhaiyyah wrote:

    >The Site is still down showing now IPS Driver Error. What can we do
    >to restore it?

    Unless you are the site admin nothing.

    How do I know? If I haven't said before www.google.com search for

    IPS Driver Error

    Error in forum - IPS driver error
    Error in forum - IPS driver error (from Databases)
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=139577 - 83k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    It's a database driven site, MySQL possible and there is a technical
    fault.

    >Here is Source Info:

    >style></head><body>
    >an error with the database.</b><br>
    > You can try to refresh the page by clicking <a
    >href="javascript:window.location=window.location;">here</a>

    It's okay for now, can see it.

    Me

    why?, Feb 24, 2007