    formatted. do u wish to format it?" What is wrong and furthermore, how come
    previously, I was able to use my FDD but it was not able to be open in an
    Win98SE system? FYI, mines' using WinXP Pro. Thanks in advance.

    KahKeeNang, Jul 27, 2003

  2. KahKeeNang

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 01:19:02 +0800, "KahKeeNang" <> wrote:

    >I've this vexing problem with most of my floppies after I've tried inserting
    >them into my Sony FDD. This dialog prompt will shows, "the floppy is not
    >formatted. do u wish to format it?" What is wrong and furthermore, how come

    Are you sure it said "do u wish"? That would suggest a problem with your video
    display, or a poor command of English.

    >previously, I was able to use my FDD but it was not able to be open in an
    >Win98SE system? FYI, mines' using WinXP Pro. Thanks in advance.

    -Barry
    ========
    Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

    Barry OGrady, Jul 28, 2003

  3. KahKeeNang

    Stacey Guest

    KahKeeNang wrote:

    > I've this vexing problem with most of my floppies after I've tried
    > inserting them into my Sony FDD. This dialog prompt will shows, "the
    > floppy is not formatted. do u wish to format it?" What is wrong and
    > furthermore,

    Sounds like the FDD died..

    --

    Stacey

    Stacey, Jul 28, 2003
  4. KahKeeNang

    Ken Kauffman Guest

    "KahKeeNang" <> wrote in message
    | I've this vexing problem with most of my floppies after I've tried
    inserting
    | them into my Sony FDD. This dialog prompt will shows, "the floppy is not
    | formatted. do u wish to format it?" What is wrong and furthermore, how
    come
    | previously, I was able to use my FDD but it was not able to be open in an
    | Win98SE system? FYI, mines' using WinXP Pro. Thanks in advance.

    check the cables. also make sure there is no conflicts in hardware resource
    manager. if not those. it's dead.

    ken k

    Ken Kauffman, Jul 29, 2003