    on the VoipDiscount rates page and Holland is not listed. I have Skype and
    checked on their rates page as well - again not listed!

    Is something wrong with Holland?
    Port Admiral Haynes, Mar 22, 2007

  2. Port Admiral Haynes

    Rob Guest

    "Port Admiral Haynes" <> wrote in message
    > Just realised using VoipDiscount I can't ring an Amsterdam number. Checked
    > on the VoipDiscount rates page and Holland is not listed. I have Skype

    and
    > checked on their rates page as well - again not listed!
    >
    > Is something wrong with Holland?

    Just looked. It is listed, only it's disguising itself as "Netherlands".

    :)

    Rob
    Rob, Mar 22, 2007

  3. Port Admiral Haynes

    Brian Guest

    On 2007-03-22, Port Admiral Haynes <> wrote:

    > Just realised using VoipDiscount I can't ring an Amsterdam number. Checked
    > on the VoipDiscount rates page and Holland is not listed. I have Skype and
    > checked on their rates page as well - again not listed!
    >
    > Is something wrong with Holland?

    Netherlands?

    Brian.
    Brian, Mar 22, 2007
  4. "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > On 2007-03-22, Port Admiral Haynes <> wrote:
    >
    >> Just realised using VoipDiscount I can't ring an Amsterdam number.
    >> Checked
    >> on the VoipDiscount rates page and Holland is not listed. I have Skype
    >> and
    >> checked on their rates page as well - again not listed!
    >>
    >> Is something wrong with Holland?

    > Netherlands?
    >
    > Brian.

    Dooh!

    Sorry - thanks - my bad!

    I must have been given the wrong number!
    Port Admiral Haynes, Mar 22, 2007
  5. Port Admiral Haynes

    Roger Guest

    > Just realised using VoipDiscount I can't ring an Amsterdam number. Checked
    > on the VoipDiscount rates page and Holland is not listed. I have Skype
    > and checked on their rates page as well - again not listed!
    >
    > Is something wrong with Holland?

    Well its horribly flat and it rains all the time, that's just for starters,

    Roger

    P.S. Sorry, couldn't resist it!
    Roger, Mar 22, 2007
  6. Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
    > "Brian" <> wrote in message
    >> On 2007-03-22, Port Admiral Haynes <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Just realised using VoipDiscount I can't ring an Amsterdam number.
    >>> Checked
    >>> on the VoipDiscount rates page and Holland is not listed. I have
    >>> Skype and
    >>> checked on their rates page as well - again not listed!
    >>>
    >>> Is something wrong with Holland?

    >> Netherlands?
    >>
    >> Brian.

    > Dooh!
    >
    > Sorry - thanks - my bad!
    >
    > I must have been given the wrong number!

    Holland is only part of The Netherlands.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Mar 22, 2007
  7. Port Admiral Haynes

    Herman Guest

    "Roger" <> wrote in message

    > "Port Admiral Haynes" <> wrote in message
    >> Just realised using VoipDiscount I can't ring an Amsterdam number.
    >> Checked on the VoipDiscount rates page and Holland is not listed. I have
    >> Skype and checked on their rates page as well - again not listed!
    >>
    >> Is something wrong with Holland?

    > Well its horribly flat and it rains all the time, that's just for
    > starters,
    >
    > Roger
    >
    > P.S. Sorry, couldn't resist it!

    While in Wales it is horribly hilly and rains all the time!

    Sorry couldn't resist it!
    Herman, Mar 22, 2007
  8. Port Admiral Haynes

    Guest

    On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:20:51 -0000, "Roger" <> wrote:

    >"Port Admiral Haynes" <> wrote in message
    >> Just realised using VoipDiscount I can't ring an Amsterdam number. Checked
    >> on the VoipDiscount rates page and Holland is not listed. I have Skype
    >> and checked on their rates page as well - again not listed!
    >>
    >> Is something wrong with Holland?

    >Well its horribly flat and it rains all the time, that's just for starters,

    And like Belgium Holland is a very beautiful country and the fact that
    they are both flat is a blessing to some of us .
    , Mar 22, 2007
  9. "Herman" <> wrote in message
    > "Roger" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Port Admiral Haynes" <> wrote in message
    >>> Just realised using VoipDiscount I can't ring an Amsterdam number.
    >>> Checked on the VoipDiscount rates page and Holland is not listed. I
    >>> have Skype and checked on their rates page as well - again not listed!
    >>>
    >>> Is something wrong with Holland?

    >> Well its horribly flat and it rains all the time, that's just for
    >> starters,
    >>
    >> Roger
    >>
    >> P.S. Sorry, couldn't resist it!

    > While in Wales it is horribly hilly and rains all the time!

    Yes but there is another difference

    In Holland most people speak Dutch as a frst language, but many will go out
    of their way to make you feel welcome in bars etc. by talking to you in
    English.

    In Wales most people speak English as a first language, but many will go out
    of their way to make you feel unwelcome in bars etc. by switching to talking
    in [bad] Welsh as soon as they sus' you.

    R. Mark Clayton, Mar 23, 2007
  10. Port Admiral Haynes

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "R. Mark Clayton" <> wrote in
    message news:

    [snip]

    > In Holland most people speak Dutch as a frst language,
    > but many will go out of their way to make you feel
    > welcome in bars etc. by talking to you in English.
    >
    > In Wales most people speak English as a first language,
    > but many will go out of their way to make you feel
    > unwelcome in bars etc. by switching to talking in [bad]
    > Welsh as soon as they sus' you.

    Ah, but the beer is better in Wales :)

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Mar 23, 2007
  11. Port Admiral Haynes

    Herman Guest

    > "Herman" <> wrote in message
    >> "Roger" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Port Admiral Haynes" <> wrote in message

    >>> Well its horribly flat and it rains all the time, that's just for
    >>> starters,
    >>>
    >>> Roger
    >>>
    >>> P.S. Sorry, couldn't resist it!

    >> While in Wales it is horribly hilly and rains all the time!

    > Yes but there is another difference
    >
    > In Holland most people speak Dutch as a frst language, but many will go
    > out of their way to make you feel welcome in bars etc. by talking to you
    > in English.

    Correction - most people in Holland outside of Amsterdam speak Dutch. Most
    people in Amsterdam do not speak Dutch (only 1 in 3 are actually Dutch
    according to one estimate).

    So now you know.
    Herman, Mar 23, 2007
  12. "Herman" <> wrote in message
    > "R. Mark Clayton" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Herman" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Roger" <> wrote in message

    >>> While in Wales it is horribly hilly and rains all the time!

    >> Yes but there is another difference
    >>
    >> In Holland most people speak Dutch as a frst language, but many will go
    >> out of their way to make you feel welcome in bars etc. by talking to you
    >> in English.

    > Correction - most people in Holland outside of Amsterdam speak Dutch.
    > Most
    > people in Amsterdam do not speak Dutch (only 1 in 3 are actually Dutch
    > according to one estimate).

    Cite.

    Almost certainly untrue.

    R. Mark Clayton, Mar 23, 2007
  13. "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > Ah, but the beer is better in Wales :)
    >
    > Ivor

    Yeah, but theu sell a lot of belgian beer in Holland ;)
    Philippe Deleye, Mar 23, 2007
  14. Port Admiral Haynes

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Philippe Deleye" <>
    wrote in message
    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > Ah, but the beer is better in Wales :)
    > >
    > > Ivor

    > Yeah, but theu sell a lot of belgian beer in Holland ;)

    True :)

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Mar 23, 2007
  15. Port Admiral Haynes

    Chris Hopley Guest

    Herman wrote:
    > "R. Mark Clayton" <> wrote in message
    >> "Herman" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Roger" <> wrote in message

    >>> While in Wales it is horribly hilly and rains all the time!

    >> Yes but there is another difference
    >>
    >> In Holland most people speak Dutch as a frst language, but many will go
    >> out of their way to make you feel welcome in bars etc. by talking to you
    >> in English.

    > Correction - most people in Holland outside of Amsterdam speak Dutch. Most
    > people in Amsterdam do not speak Dutch (only 1 in 3 are actually Dutch
    > according to one estimate).

    Take your blinkers off. That only means they are not Dutch, not that
    they don't speak Dutch.
    Chris Hopley, Apr 30, 2007