    How come the flooding with "REPOST:" in the titles, all of a sudden?

    --
    dee

    Mike Dee, Mar 17, 2005

  2. Mike Dee

    Rider Guest

    "Mike Dee" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns961D5BEF4FD82emteedee@213.155.197.138...

    > How come the flooding with "REPOST:" in the titles, all of a sudden?
    >
    > --
    > dee

    Oh, good ... its not just me. I was going to post asking a similar question.
    It has me replying to a message I'd previously replied to at 5:40 am ...
    yeah right.

    Rider

    Rider, Mar 17, 2005

  3. Mike Dee

    Rob J Guest

    In article <Xns961D5BEF4FD82emteedee@213.155.197.138> in nz.comp on Thu,
    17 Mar 2005 20:03:11 +0000 (UTC), Mike Dee <>
    says...

    > How come the flooding with "REPOST:" in the titles, all of a sudden?

    Some troll person is resending them. It happens occasionally.

    Rob J, Mar 17, 2005
  4. Mike Dee

    Mike Dee Guest

    "Rider" <> wrote in

    > "Mike Dee" <> wrote:

    >> How come the flooding with "REPOST:" in the titles, all of a
    >> sudden?

    > Oh, good ... its not just me. I was going to post asking a similar
    > question. It has me replying to a message I'd previously replied
    > to at 5:40 am ... yeah right.

    Seems to be affecting other NG's too, so maybe we'll be getting some
    jerk's idea of a good joke filling up the bandwidth for a bit :p

    --
    dee

    Mike Dee, Mar 17, 2005
  5. Mike Dee

    thing Guest

    Mike Dee wrote:

    > How come the flooding with "REPOST:" in the titles, all of a sudden?

    I am noticing that for this news group at least, reply to posts to the
    Clearnet server are disappearing. I am also getting Re: with no link to
    the original article suggesting the originals are lost, hence I assume
    the re-posts.

    I do not know how many other news servers are flaky but Clear's is
    definately sucking the kumra at the moment.

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Mar 17, 2005
  6. Mike Dee wrote:

    > How come the flooding with "REPOST:" in the titles, all of a sudden?

    dunno... I didn't get some of the originals, but some I did, either
    way...Im filtering them out.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 17, 2005
  7. Mike Dee

    Blister.pak Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 18/03/2005 11:58 a.m.:
    > Mike Dee wrote:

    >> How come the flooding with "REPOST:" in the titles, all of a sudden?

    > dunno... I didn't get some of the originals, but some I did, either
    > way...Im filtering them out.

    Who the F is picking on me, it appears to be only my posts that are
    getting reposted ?

    Blister.pak, Mar 17, 2005
  8. Mike Dee

    Rider Guest

    "Blister.pak" <> wrote in message
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 18/03/2005 11:58 a.m.:
    >> Mike Dee wrote:

    >>> How come the flooding with "REPOST:" in the titles, all of a sudden?

    >> dunno... I didn't get some of the originals, but some I did, either
    >> way...Im filtering them out.

    > Who the F is picking on me, it appears to be only my posts that are
    > getting reposted ?

    Mine have been too ... maybe we should start a club?

    LoL

    Rider, Mar 17, 2005
  9. Rider said the following on 18/03/2005 12:49 p.m.:
    > "Blister.pak" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 18/03/2005 11:58 a.m.:

    >>>dunno... I didn't get some of the originals, but some I did, either
    >>>way...Im filtering them out.

    >>Who the F is picking on me, it appears to be only my posts that are
    >>getting reposted ?
    >>

    > Mine have been too ... maybe we should start a club?
    >
    > LoL

    Yeah well we have a club all right, I must be president since I was the
    OP of all these reposts. It appears that it occurred at Mindspring ?

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Mar 17, 2005
  10. Mike Dee

    EMB Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:

    > Yeah well we have a club all right, I must be president since I was the
    > OP of all these reposts. It appears that it occurred at Mindspring ?

    How did Harry get a mindspring account? :cool:

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Mar 18, 2005
  11. Mike Dee

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Blister.pak wrote:
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 18/03/2005 11:58 a.m.:
    >> Mike Dee wrote:

    >>> How come the flooding with "REPOST:" in the titles, all of a sudden?

    >> dunno... I didn't get some of the originals, but some I did, either
    >> way...Im filtering them out.

    > Who the F is picking on me, it appears to be only my posts that are
    > getting reposted ?

    Probably newsfeeds.com and only you as I think you are the only masochist
    using it.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Mar 18, 2005
  12. Mike Dee

    Blister.Pak Guest

    ~misfit~ said the following on 18/03/2005 8:19 p.m.:
    > Blister.pak wrote:
    >
    >>Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 18/03/2005 11:58 a.m.:

    >>>dunno... I didn't get some of the originals, but some I did, either
    >>>way...Im filtering them out.

    >>Who the F is picking on me, it appears to be only my posts that are
    >>getting reposted ?

    > Probably newsfeeds.com and only you as I think you are the only masochist
    > using it.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    As a lurker and only occasional poster it works for me to use
    orecon/Newsfeeds. been working and okay everytime I have wanted it.

    Blister.Pak, Mar 18, 2005
  13. Mike Dee

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Blister.Pak wrote:
    > ~misfit~ said the following on 18/03/2005 8:19 p.m.:
    >> Blister.pak wrote:

    >>> Who the F is picking on me, it appears to be only my posts that are
    >>> getting reposted ?

    >> Probably newsfeeds.com and only you as I think you are the only
    >> masochist using it.
    >> --
    >> ~misfit~
    >>

    > As a lurker and only occasional poster it works for me to use
    > orecon/Newsfeeds. been working and okay everytime I have wanted it.

    Wow! You must have just happened to use it on the odd occaisions that it was
    actually working. You should buy a lotto ticket.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Mar 19, 2005